FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Can we talk about travel trailers?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Andi3
    wants a status
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we talk about travel trailers?

We are thinking of getting a camper to use for our family of 5. I grew up sleeping in a pop-up camper at least 2 weeks out of every year. We towed it to lots of great parks' campgrounds. It always irritated mom when we got next to the guy who ran his generator or AC ALL night. Funny since Dad's snoring was probably just as loud.
    Anyway, just thought I'd ask you all to share your experiences with campers. We have looked a little bit. I'd like a stovetop but don't really care for a fridge. As for water hookups, probably wouldn't want to hassle with that. I'm thinking that we should get one that sleeps 8. Even though there are only 5 of us, DH is 6"2 and I'm fairly tall also. Would be nice if we could still have a table set up and have room for all 3 kids to sleep too.
    DH had thought we might get a hardside rather than a popup; but they don't seem to have as much space for the money. Also, not as good on the ventilation.
    I'd like to get one soon so we can take the kids to some of the places I enjoyed as a kid without trying to find hotels/cabins to stay at.
    Andi
    triplets in 3rd grade
    g/b/g

2. Advertisement

Andi3
    wants a status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I meant to say I'd like to travel with the kids some B4 they get too old to appreciate it
    Andi
    triplets in 3rd grade
    g/b/g

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    We don't have one, so I'm not going to be much practical help to you (sorry!) but I love looking at them. Something about them being all cozy and tidy and everything having at least two purposes appeals to me. I just did a drive across several states and kept seeing those Airstreams, old ones that have been fixed up. They are just so NEAT to me!
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.