FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Need HSG advice...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dee515
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Need HSG advice...

I'm dying to hear y'all's thoughts on this. Some history:

August 2012- clomid, O
    Sept 2012- clomid, O
    October 2012- clomid, no O

Nov 2012- HSG. Showed distal blockage (near ovary) of LEFT tube. Right tube open. All else normal.

Dec 2012-clomid, O
    February 2013- clomid, IUI
    All BFNs

I've done 3 cycles of soy isos since then, and have O'd twice on that. BFN.

DH has slight male factor. 5% morph, 40% motile, total count around 40mil. With our IUI, we had 10 mil motile. Repeated SA yesterday. Awaiting results.

My day 3 FSH = 7.7, LH = 10.6, estradiol = 31.

Started looking into IVF to bypass blocked tube issue, especially bc when I O, it's more often from left side (supposedly blocked side). I have my IVF consult at the end of the month.

I had a repeat HSG last week to prepare for IVF and rule out a hydrosalpinx. It showed both tubes OPEN!! The radiologist did say I had a small amount of scarring on the left side of my uterus (likely from D&C), close to the opening of the Fallopian tube but that it would not affect pregnancy or the tube being open. How are my tubes open now?! I've read that a distal blockage near the ovary is usually a true blockage, whereas a proximal blockage (near uterus) can often be a spasm resulting from cramping during test or mucus.

Have y'all ever heard of this happening? What are your thoughts? Please share!!
    Me (28)- PCOS + DH (33)
    Began TTC 2011 w/ metformin
    May 2011- mc at 9 weeks, D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst; tried naturally July 2011 - August 2012
    Aug 2012-present- 6 clomid cycles, 1 Femara cycle, several soy cycle, O'd all cycles, 1 IUI, all BFNs
    July 2014- HSG shows possible uterine septum. Surgery to remove septum.
    December 2014- Beginning IVF #1

2. Advertisement

HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Hi there,

I have heard that some blockages clear up as a result of the HSG flushing out the blockage. I suppose the last test could have been inaccurate as well. Have you asked your doctor about this?

Either way, I really hope your tubes are open now!

Kim

dee515
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kim,
    Thanks for your advice. I don't see the new RE (switching) until the end of the month, so I haven't heard his opinion. The radiologist said that it didn't looked blocked at all. He said that when he put the catheter in, my uterus is a little tilted, so the cathether was directed more towards my right tube. At first it looked like no dye was going to the left tube, but when he re-positioned the catheter appropriately, he said the dye flowed right through. So, who knows? We were considering IVF b/c of the tubal issue, and I imagine that we will still do it, but this makes me a little uncertain! I'm definitely done with clomid cycles, and straight injectables might make me over-stim. I have an AMH of 14 and PCOS. IVF might make more sense. Thanks for your response.
    Me (28)- PCOS + DH (33)
    Began TTC 2011 w/ metformin
    May 2011- mc at 9 weeks, D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst; tried naturally July 2011 - August 2012
    Aug 2012-present- 6 clomid cycles, 1 Femara cycle, several soy cycle, O'd all cycles, 1 IUI, all BFNs
    July 2014- HSG shows possible uterine septum. Surgery to remove septum.
    December 2014- Beginning IVF #1