FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Endometrial polyps and their relationship in the pregnancy

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    s prasad
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Endometrial polyps and their relationship in the pregnancy

Dear All, im 36 years (M). My Wife is also 36. we have been trying for a baby for about 1 year now.

it was found that my wife has a Endometrial polyp. 1.4 cm in size. Her menstrual cycle is normal and happens in every 28 days. we have been visiting a Gynecologist for the past 10 months.

i was given paternia tablets and profertil tablets for 90 days to increase my sperm mortality.
    my wife was given duinum tablets and Ovidac 5000 injection and we did 4 IUIs.

we are yet unsuccessful. I need your thoughts on our condition. Does the polyp affect the pregnancy? is it good to remove the polyp? does it have any after effects?

pls help.... your thoughts will help us clear our way forward.

thank you so much

2. Advertisement

SSmith717
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi S Prasad. I am sorry to hear about the polyps and failed IUI's. I have a history of polyps, 3 have been found in the past few years. My husband and I have been TTC for over 3 years and each time a polyp was discovered, my doctor has recommended removal as it can interfere with implantation. I would definitely recommend removing the polyp before spending more money on any additional fertility treatments as I did get pregnant through IVF After my last polyp was removed, but unfortunately it ended in a chemical pregnancy due to poor embryo development. Hope this helps and good luck!