FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
POI and thin lining for IVF

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    madeline85
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

POI and thin lining for IVF

Hi all, I am new on here and wanted to see if anyone had been through or is going through what I am. I was diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Insufficiency years ago and am currently trying to do IVF with donor eggs. I started my meds (Lupron shots, estrogen patches, pills and estradiol shots) 11 days ago (Lupron 21 days ago) and went in US yesterday to check lining and it痴 only at 4.2mm, doctor wants it to get to 7mm by Thursday (almost no hope I知 sure). They upped my estrogen (inserting 2 extra pills vaginally daily) in an attempt to get there. If no success I presume this cycle will be cancelled and all the meds will be for nothing. Has anyone else with POI suffered from thin lining?

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi madeline85, how did it go yesterday?

madeline85
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, sorry I知 just responding. Not great, transfer got cancelled because lining had not grown any. They have put me back on BC pills and 2mg estrogen daily until April 3 to check it again. I知 not hopeful though. I am trying some natural things too (raspberry tea, vitamins B and E, baby aspirin and acupuncture)

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to hear that, Madeline85. Have you had any other tests, like a saline sonogram or HSG to see if there are any physical reasons your lining isn't growing? I've read that things like fibroids or polyps can affect a woman's lining. I'm not a medical professional, so I can't say how or why that happens sometimes, but if you haven't had a test to look for that, maybe it'd be worth asking your doctor?

madeline85
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I致e had the saline sonogram and everything was fine (not sure what an HSG is?). My doctor said that often when women have been on the BC pill for a long time (10+ years for me) their lining can stop responding to estrogen so I think that teamed with the fact that my body makes none of its own estrogen has resulted in a stubborn lining. I値l keep you updated with how my next doctors appointment goes (next Wednesday)
    Likes SC-Kelley M. liked this post