FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Cycles getting longer, surging LH six months after D&C...anyone?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    pachamama83
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Cycles getting longer, surging LH six months after D&C...anyone?

This is quite a long story but I'll try to make it concise. I am going to a new RE this week but wanted to see if anyone is going through what I'm going through.
    Short story: cycles becoming alarmingly long. 38 days last month, 50 currently 7 months post d&c. High/ peak OPKs almost every day for about 30 days indicating surging LH. ?!!
    Long story:
    I had a D&C 7 months ago. I am 34 w DOR- AMH .3, FSH in the 30s, low progesterone, you name it and those labs were done when I was 31. It was a "miracle" both times I got pregnant naturally with just some progesterone suppositories. I have a perfect little two-year-old so that's the silver lining here
    Since the uneventful D&C my periods have been getting longer and heavier. I'm hypothesizing I'm surging LH in a attempt for my body to try to release an egg, but I'm led to believe I have very few if any eggs left.

Has anyone had a similar experience, basically not getting their periods but positive opk's/surging LH for literally weeks on end?? Long cycles?
    No other symptoms really although I'm starting to think I'm perimenopausal...

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pachamama83, was the REI able to shed any light on your cycles?

pachamama83
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.

So it looks like I have a pretty advanced case of Diminished ovarian reserve. I am only 34 with AMH 0.31 (3 years ago, waiting for new AMH), FSH 20's-30's... the question is WHY?
    My RE thinks it might be an autoimmune issue- my mom has thyroid disease and she thinks I am already showing symptoms of it even though I have no thyroid symptoms. She thinks the antiadrenal antibodies are destroying my eggs. My mom did not develop thyroid symptoms til she was 40, and that's when she entered menopause (very early).
    Also I am perimenopausal as evidenced by my labs but I don't have any of those symptoms yet.
    As for the skipped period, it might have been stress or my ovaries really beginning to shut down. I had an SHG which looked totally normal so that's good! No scarring from the D&C

Basically it will be a scientific miracle if I ever get pregnant again. But at least I have some answers.

callisy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    When my cycles lasted around thirty-five days, I almost always ovulated around the third week. However, if my cycle lasted much longer, it usually meant that I had not ovulated. In my case, figuring out when and if I was ovulating was rather hit or miss. Some cycles I ovulated. Others I did not. For me, I just had to wait until one of my ovulatory cycles to time sex right for conception. After about six months of charting, I did succeed in getting pregnant. For women who do not ovulate at all, there are still options. Certain medications can be used to induce ovulation. For example, a friend of mine who has PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) used fertility drugs to get pregnant with her latest baby. She had really long menstrual cycles which were a symptom of not ovulating. However, through the use of medications, she was able to induce ovulation and conceive her daughter. Having a menstrual cycle that lasts longer than thirty-five days may be indicative of anovulation. However, for women who are not ovulating regularly or ovulating at all, the good news is that there are still ways to become pregnant. My daughter is living proof.