FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
IVF with DE

pugmom2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

IVF with DE

I have been going through IUI treatments for over a year now. Because of my age my Dr recommended that I try IVF with a donor egg. So here I am. My transfer should be on or about 2/5. Picking a donor was interesting. My SO was much more picky than I was. I am on the Lupron shots daily and estrodriol tablets twice a day. I have been getting headaches, but I have been told that since my estrogen is starting to rise (I was at 83 today) the headaches should start to get better. Here's to hoping that the eggs thaw OK. The donor has had 5 positive pregnancies and 5 negative pregnancies. So I am taking that as good news. Fingers crossed! Anyone else go through a similar DE journey?

2. Advertisement

countrymom2B
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    I am going through DE IVF right now but cannot say that my situation is at all similar. I had my transfer last week. If you want to keep in touch just let me know.
    I did DE IVF in 2016 and had a DD last year, now we are trying for #2. So I am in my 2 WW. Let me know what you want to know or discuss. It helps a lot to have someone to
    discuss this with.

My history is too long to include everything here so I will begin with my most recent and successful journey:
    DE journey-7 eggs, 6 survived thaw, 5 fertilized, 4 divided, 3 made it to blast and were perfect and ready for transfer.
    Transferred 1 perfect embryo.
    BFP!!!!!
    March 2017, 1 beautiful baby girl born. God is good!
    Thanks pugmom2 thanked for this post

pugmom2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to have a discussion with you! I will try to PM you my e mail. Thank you! And good luck!

swiftmood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    No first hand experiences, but a few friends of my sis underwent IVF DE, and got pregnant at top clinics in Gdansk (Poland) and Czech Rep Good luck

countrymom2B
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Sorry it took me so long to respond, i just PM you and will be emailing you.

My history is too long to include everything here so I will begin with my most recent and successful journey:
    DE journey-7 eggs, 6 survived thaw, 5 fertilized, 4 divided, 3 made it to blast and were perfect and ready for transfer.
    Transferred 1 perfect embryo.
    BFP!!!!!
    March 2017, 1 beautiful baby girl born. God is good!

Kelly0900
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there.
    I hope you are doing great. My situation is a little different than yours. Even though I am also using DE for my IVF, this is not my first time. I have had an unsuccessful IVF cycle. I am still kinda smarting from my unsuccessful cycle. But, I had to get myself together and go with DE this time. Doctors suggesting me to try DE and hope for the best. During my first cycle, I used my own eggss. DH has been suggesting it might be because of my eggs.

Great to hear that you have already picked your donor. For us, picking a donor has proved more onerous. I and my DH can’t seem to agree on one specific donor. We’ve always had our difference, and it is showing in our process. But, I am fine with that as long as we get to have a successful IVF cycle this time.

I wish you n everyone good luck! I just hope that it works out for me and others here also.

swiftmood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Kelly0900 - good luck

callisy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The major difference between traditional in vitro fertilization, IVF, and egg donor IVF is that the egg donor undergoes ovulation induction and egg retrieval, while the egg recipient undergoes hormone treatment to prepare her uterus for embryo implantation. Then, once the eggs have been retrieved, they are fertilized with sperm (either from a partner or sperm donor) in the IVF laboratory. The embryos develop in the lab for multiple days; usually one to two embryos will be transferred on the fifth day, but some exceptions occur. The egg recipient will continue using replacement hormones (estrogen and progesterone) until she takes a pregnancy test. If she becomes pregnant, then her pregnancy should proceed as any other. Donor Eggs Produce High Success Rates Because of the fact that the egg donors are young and healthy. Pregnancy rates from donor eggs exceed pregnancy rates experienced with traditional IVF. This result is just one of the many reasons why the use of donor eggs is becoming a more common approach to combat female infertility.