FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Ivf in england

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    truff
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Ivf in england

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone could tell me if i would be entitled to ivf in england? I am irish and have been ttc for prob 4 years now.. Have tried everything even one cycle of IUI and think that ivf would be the only thing that could work... I have read somewhere that there are three free tries if you've been ttc for over 2 years or if you've done 12 sessions of iui.. Is this only for the english?
    Any information on this would be welcome... feeling hopeless 😕

Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement

swiftmood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It mainly depends on a region. I would recommend contacting your local NHS to find out more. From what I know lots of women from the UK travel to Czech rep (Zli*n) or Poland (Invi*ta) to undergo ivf.

truff
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftmood View Post
    It mainly depends on a region. I would recommend contacting your local NHS to find out more. From what I know lots of women from the UK travel to Czech rep (Zli*n) or Poland (Invi*ta) to undergo ivf.
    Thank you very much for the reply. I am actually going to do ivf here have paid an all as with the tickets and what you would need to spend on travel expenses food and accomodation it works out to be around the same price. I am booking the dates tomorrow actually have no idea how im going to get the time off. Im soo excited and nervous at the same time ☺

swiftmood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome

Kelly0900
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truff View Post
    Hi, I am just wondering if anyone could tell me if i would be entitled to ivf in england? I am irish and have been ttc for prob 4 years now.. Have tried everything even one cycle of IUI and think that ivf would be the only thing that could work... I have read somewhere that there are three free tries if you've been ttc for over 2 years or if you've done 12 sessions of iui.. Is this only for the english?
    Any information on this would be welcome... feeling hopeless ��

Thanks in advance

Truthfully, I know next to nothing about NHS funding. I have moved to USA when I was 17, so I have forgotten about all of that. Just make sure you do research online. I get how arbitrary NHS can get with funding. So, you wanna make sure you know your rights. Just try to contact your NHS in your area. Have questions in mind you wanna ask.

Just go for it. I know some people just shy away from taking the first step. But, you just have to do more research and be confident about it. Let me do a quick research online for ya. I just like researching and keeping my college skills current.

Nevertheless, the information you provided is correct. NHS does offer free cycles for women who have bene TTC for 2 years, and tried 12 cycles of IUI. So, you must have exhausted both options to be eligible for NHS funding. By the way, you should be under 40 for this.

Good luck to you!