FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Bleeding after late periods while ttc.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    herown
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Bleeding after late periods while ttc.

I've been ttc. When I time everything with my ovulation to where pregnancy is possible I will have a late period. It's been 4-12 days late for the past several months. Then the period comes but comes clumpy (tiny clumps) and very red as if you've cut your arm. I haven't had a positive test. I am usually very normal with my periods except when ttc. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. Advertisement

herown
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by herown View Post
    I've been ttc. When I time everything with my ovulation to where pregnancy is possible I will have a late period. It's been 4-12 days late for the past several months. Then the period comes but comes clumpy (tiny clumps) and very red as if you've cut your arm. I haven't had a positive test. I am usually very normal with my periods except when ttc. Has anyone else had this problem?

callisy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Implantation bleeding may be an early sign of pregnancy for approximately 1/3 of all women who conceive. The fertilized egg travels down the Fallopian tube and into the uterus, where it implants into the uterine lining. When it does, the tissue that forms around the egg, known as the trophoblast, may damage some of the mother's blood vessels in the uterus, resulting in a small amount of blood leaking from the cervix and down the vagina. Learning how to recognize implantation bleeding may be an early clue for some women that pregnancy has begun. This type of bleeding during pregnancy usually occurs 6 to 12 days after conception--close to the time when the next menstrual cycle is expected. Ask yourself when was the last time you had sex. If more than a month or two has passed, then it's unlikely that what you're seeing is implantation bleeding. Since implantation bleeding may be confused with the normal menstrual cycle, some women are surprised to discover their pregnancy is a month further along than they originally estimated.