FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Clomid

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kelikea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Clomid

Hello everyone! I haven't had a period in over two months, already took a hpt, came back negative. Went to my RE and asked to start Clomid. Had bloodwork done today to confirm that I am indeed not pregnant. I was told to call the office tomorrow to hear results and if it's negative (definitely is) then I start Clomid tomorrow. Since I'm not ovulating (assumed because there's no periods happening) doctor said that we'll just say tomorrow will be d5 of cycle. Then do Clomid d5-d9 and then start taking ovulation prediction tests until it's positive, then 8 days after that, go in for progesterone bloodwork? I think I'm remembering this all correctly.

Assuming that the Clomid will do its thing and I'll ovulate, I should be having sex with DH the day it's positive and then every other day after that?

We have a son who's 19 months old, and we did Clomid, injectables, and IUIs to get him. This time around, we want to just start with Clomid and see what happens.

What has been your experience with just doing Clomid?

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kelikea,

I don't have personal experience with clomid, so I can't speak about its affects or lack thereof, but I know it's really popular. It's often the first medication prescribed when trying to stimulate ovulation. FertilityAuthority.com - a sister website for Fertile Thoughts - has a bunch on information on clomid you might find helpful. I'm including a link here, but I encourage you to explore the website and see what else you can learn.

https://www.fertilityauthority.com/f...rophene/clomid

Even within Fertile Thoughts, clomid is discussed frequently. If you search "clomid" in the search box at the top a plethora of forum posts will come up. Some of these may be more of what you're looking for in terms of experience using clomid.

Keep us posted! Wishing you baby dust!
    SC-Kelley

Lara FC
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Clomid

***baby and preg mention***
    Kelikea: I got pregnant around the same time you did, back in 2014. We were part of the same forum group.

At that time, I had IUIs with Clomid only. Got preg on our second round. Our baby is 20 months now.

Wanting a second child, early last month, I found a doctor again and we tried one cycle, also Clomid only. Well, this time I only needed one try. I'm 4w 0days today.

Now, we did our part. I did not rely on IUI only. I used ovulation kits, done some serious BD on fertile days, checked on my basal temperature, and covered all the basis, including the date of and after IUI.

So yes, do all you have to do - including lots of BD'ing -, like you would if having a natural cycle. Clomid will help you to achieve it.

Lots of baby dust!

***end baby and preg mention***
    Last edited by Lara FC; 10-04-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Kelly0900
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kelikea,

Hope you are doing great! I have had a personal experience with Clomid. So, I decided to share it with you just to be helpful. I have had PCOS since I was in college. I and my DH couldn’t get pregnant however hard we tried. Then, I was put on Clomid for about a year. But, Clomid wouldn’t work me. I just have no idea. I have heard of so many women being on Clomid and getting pregnant as a result. But, with me, it just didn’t show it with me. But, I hope that it woks withs with you.
    Just try to take it easy. Don’t sweat it. U just have to make sure you do as your doctor suggest you, and hope for the best. Just make sure you keep us posted. Have a good day!

callisy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing to ask your doctor when you are getting a prescription is if your insurance will cover the Clomid or not. If your insurance will not pay for the Clomid, make sure to request the generic version of the drug since it will be much cheaper. When you begin your Clomid, start having sex every OTHER day starting on day 7. You might think that by having sex every day you might have a better chance of getting pregnant. That is not the case, however, since men need 48 hours to build up enough sperm to really get a woman pregnant. After two days in a row of having sex, guys need at least a day to recover and start building up their sperm count. Day 10 is really where you should start beginning to “get serious” if you will. On day 10, you should start taking note of your cervical mucus. Your cervical mucus should be sort of like an egg white, wet and stringy. You can also try to take some generic Guanfenisen to help keep your cervical mucus abundant. This is because Clomid has a tendency to dry up cervical mucus so this medicine can sometimes help. On day 10 you should also start using an ovulation prediction kit. Wait for the kit to say that you are ovulating. Once you find out that are ovulating, have sex two days in a row. Then start with the every other day sex for at least 8 days.