FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Too Old To Conceive?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MustBePositive
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Quote Originally Posted by TooOld View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for all your positive comments. I've had a few cycles break from IVF. I've done acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Clomid, Melatonin and taken large doses of Coq10. Now just finished a cycle of IVF with egg collection yesterday. 10 eggs collected, 3 fertilised! Fingers crossed they last to day 3 transfer!
    Best of luck to you! I'm in a similar boat. 41 with 5 failed IVFs Doctors are pushing donor eggs but I want to try at least one more time with my little old eggs. Keep us updated

2. Advertisement

Messa
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't used it with other IVF attempts. Don't think it is an ideal treatment, but with my poor egg quality and only getting one mature egg each IVF cycle I think my OB is giving it a try. Anyone have any positive stories using Clomid?
    Dear Tooold (....Not at all in fact)

Clomid (or Clomiphene Citrate) is a drug used to help women ovulate. Clomiphene is an oestrogen-like hormone that acts on the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and ovary to increase levels of FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) and luteinizing hormone (LH, which is also important in the process of ovulation) to help to produce one or more eggs in a cycle.

80% of women with irregular ovulation or anovulation will ovulate with Clomid and about 70-75% will become pregnant after 6-9 cycles. Good luck.

swiftmood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MustBePositive View Post
    Best of luck to you! I'm in a similar boat. 41 with 5 failed IVFs Doctors are pushing donor eggs but I want to try at least one more time with my little old eggs. Keep us updated
    Hi, I am very sorry you are facing trouble ttc. A friend of mine got pregnant using de when she was 41. She decided not to waste time and picked a fertility clinic abroad. I know ladies have doubts doing this and I advise to wait until you feel completely comfortable going this route. I think you should look at http://www.eggdonationfriends.com/egg-donation-news/ that gives you insight in de and other stuff. Good luck!

TooOld
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two week wait is killing me! Trying to be positive. Mind ticks over all the time, imagining I feel different. Had one morning of sickness., but probably caused by all the progesterone and estrogen I'm taking. 4 more days to wait trying not to do a hpt!
    Likes MustBePositive, Tulip1834 liked this post

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    TooOld and Kat, GL with the wait.....keep busy, busy, busy so your minds don't play tricks on you. Done 8 IVFs but the wait was the most cruel....stay away from Google, no 2ww is the same... fingers XXXXXX!
    Likes Tulip1834, TooOld liked this post

TooOld
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could wait no longer and did HPT 13 days after transfer 2 days before blood. BFN! Anyone have a positive story?

noanoa
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by MustBePositive View Post
    Hi, I am sorry about your loss. Have you considered doing PGS NGS to decrease the risk of mcs? Good luck!

MustBePositive
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Could wait no longer and did HPT 13 days after transfer 2 days before blood. BFN! Anyone have a positive story?
    The blood tests are more sensitive plus a lot can happen in 2 days, especially if you just had a late implanter. Hang in there! And Good Luck

MustBePositive
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Quote Originally Posted by noanoa View Post
    Hi, I am sorry about your loss. Have you considered doing PGS NGS to decrease the risk of mcs? Good luck!
    Never had any embryos make it to testing phase

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    TooOld, technically by 13dp2dt / 10dp5dt the HPT should show, however it depends on the HPT as well. I've heard a couple of stories of ladies having negative HPT more than a week after Beta was +...best go for blood test today and GL!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast