FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Starting to Panic. Need advice.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    So we went to the FS. For the second time around, my sample is fine. Can't say my experience providing it was but that's a different story. The bad news is we have some decisions to make now... wife had HSG... she has a small fibroid they want to remove because they say it could possibly interfere with implantation. It's between the size of a pea and a marble. They want to do a hysteroscopy to remove it and they said that while they are in there they would suggest laposcopamy or whatever it's called to rule out and/or deal with other things they could find like endometriosis. It sounds like the hyster would have her recovered in a couple days but the other one would be like 2 weeks. I'm terrified because they have to put her under and she has never been under before and I'm worried she will end up like joan rivers or something. We aren't sure what to do, or when to do this. We are thinking conservative first and just to the hyster but then if we decide down the road to the the laposcop thing then she has to be put under a 2nd time. Could some small fibroid really be causing implantation problems? We were supposed to try again later this week... or we could just scrap the month and do the hysterectomy. Or try again, hope for the best then next month to hysteroscopy then month after that do IUI. I don't know what makes sense. This is a nightmare. Her prolactin is within normal range of 13.7... all other bloodwork seems fine. AMH is 4.18. FSH 3.7. Anyone had any of this stuff done?
    Last edited by FertilePanic; 07-06-2015 at 05:59 PM.

2. Advertisement

taydeedee
    IVF on Sunday the 19th
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do them both at the same time.

Fertile Panic, I had both done but not at the same time. I had never shown signs of Endometriosis but my FD convinced me that sometimes the only symptom was infertility. I had never been put under anesthesia before either, I was terrified. It was over before I even knew it happened. Literally. one minute I was telling my husband bye and the next minute I was waking up in recovery. I was surprised that I did have stage 2 Endo abut the Dr. got it all. Also, they told me I would have shoulder pain from the gas that they use to extend the abdomen. I never even had a cramp. I know a lot of factor's come into play here. Size matters, I was told that the bigger the person the harder the surgery. I am 5ft. and 120lb. My incisions were a little sore for a couple of days but I had no problems what so ever and it was out patient. The Hysterogram came a couple of months later when I had unusual bleeding. They don't use anesthesia for that, they inject a solution into the uterus and use an ultrasound to make sure that the walls are smooth and not mis-shapen. It wasn't too bad either, I would probably take a couple Tylenol before hand. I opted for both of those procedures because we were trying to avoid a 15K IVF cycle that my insurance will not pay for. My Insurance paid for those two surgeries even though we were still never able to conceive. I hope this eases some of the Anxiety. If I could go back I would have them both done at the same time. With the laparoscopy I might have been down for 3 days and that is only because my husband threatened me. I was mowing by the end of the week. I can't imagine laying around for two weeks.
    Good luck to you and the Misses.

somebody946
    overwhelmed

Post Thanks / Like
    I freaked out before my procedures and they were a piece of cake I recommend sleeping on couch or recliner sitting up but after 2 days I felt normal the first day I needed help up and to move around but after that I was fine. I feel the anxiety was worse then the procedure.

taydeedee
    IVF on Sunday the 19th
    Post Thanks / Like
    somebody 946- I agree with you 100% The Anxiety was the worse part.
    Likes somebody946 liked this post

FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your comments. She already had the HSG so I think we will try once more naturally then squash next month getting the hysteroscopy and hold off on the laparoscopy for now as that is more major surgery. Could some little fibroid thing really be interfering with implantation? The anxiety definitely is terrible, I kind of am feeling like this entire process is the worst part though. I guess either way, it can't last forever.

somebody946
    overwhelmed

Post Thanks / Like
    The laparoscopy will remove the fibroid but it can also show if there is other problems that can't be detected unless they are in there. I opted to have mine done because I wanted to know what was going on because if there was something going on I would be trying for nothing. They ended up finding adhesions and ended up cleaning all that out while I was under. I went in at 7 and was on my way home by 3 I would rather have that procedure done again then go to the dentist. Now I know what's going on and I can fix it.

Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I didn't have the laparoscopy but I had a myomectomy (don't want that one) I had 16 or 17 fibroid removed from the outside of the uterus. Right months later a hysteroscopy to remove one from inside the uterus, no bleeding after and like the others said it was over before I knew it and was on a plane home the next day. Just trust the doctors. Joan Rivers was old...If that helps. Good luck, prayers for your wife.
    ME - 38, DH - 45
    IVF - 01/12, ER - 06 Feb, ET - 09 Feb
    BETA #1 - 80.3 (12dp3dt), #2 - 183.6 (15dp3dt) - b/g twins
    Ruptured Membrane 06/16/12 - Maximus
    Born at 23 weeks 03 July 12 - 23 July 12 - Anaya
    FET - March 2014 - BFN
    IVF 2 - 08/2015, ER - 13 Aug, ET 18 Aug
    BETA #1 - 84 (9dp5dt), #2 - 225 (11dp5dt), #3 - 1303 (15dp5dt) - 4/15/16
    FET2 - around 26 Jun 17

Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    They removed the one from the uterus because of fear that it will hinder implantation. So yes I agree with them. Additionally some fibroids will grow and faster due to the pregnancy hormones so you don't want to have one inside prior to because baby will be competing it for room to grow. That leads to bigger issues.
    ME - 38, DH - 45
    IVF - 01/12, ER - 06 Feb, ET - 09 Feb
    BETA #1 - 80.3 (12dp3dt), #2 - 183.6 (15dp3dt) - b/g twins
    Ruptured Membrane 06/16/12 - Maximus
    Born at 23 weeks 03 July 12 - 23 July 12 - Anaya
    FET - March 2014 - BFN
    IVF 2 - 08/2015, ER - 13 Aug, ET 18 Aug
    BETA #1 - 84 (9dp5dt), #2 - 225 (11dp5dt), #3 - 1303 (15dp5dt) - 4/15/16
    FET2 - around 26 Jun 17

FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. We are just waiting on the success or failure of this month, then end of month if failure she will do hysteroscopy.

FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    So, unless my wife gets pregnant in the next 5 days, on Tuesday I guess we proceed. They will give her MAC sedation and knock her out for 30 minutes while I sit in a waiting room with a bunch of strangers pretending not to be panicking. It's an hour drive too so I have to drive, not panic, try to be positive which is more or less impossible for me, and then go see you later while some more strangers hook her up to drugs used to render someone unconcious?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast