FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Starting to Panic. Need advice.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok folks. My job is done for the month. Had another ultrasound (she did, not me)... things looked good, 13mm lining, left side looked real good, there was a small fibroid thing but didn't seem to be a big deal... we have an appt. to see an FS 2 tuesdays from now so we'll see. Maybe this month will work.

2. Advertisement

FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, just updating everyone on what's up. Still waiting on this month, wife's temperature charts look promising but pregnancy tests don't show anything. Went to an FS and they want to turn my wife into a mutant turtle in exchange for a baby. Honestly, I had the worst headache when I left. They drew vial after vial of blood from my wife to test for different things, chromosome things, diseases, vitamins... then they drew my blood for some chromosome thing. They want to have wife start baby aspirin, inject her full of some fat lipid, have her take doxycycline, test for some antibodies thing, inflammatory thing I don't even know. They did another ultrasound looking for something didn't find anything. Said sperm numbers looked good, her charting charts looked real good. Now we are going to schedule the fallopian tube check and they want me to give them another sample in the office which I'm dreading and then if all goes well we get a baby and my wife is turned into a mutant turtle after they are done pumping her full of steroids and antibiotics and fat lipids and removing her blood she will be a green jello with eyes. There is still a small chance something worked this month, if not 1 more month natural with baby aspirin and whatever else they suggest, clomid or whatever and then we do IUI. Really not looking forward to providing in office sample at 7am. IUI sounds like even more pressure. Everyone standing around outside the door waiting for me?
    Likes Mary12345 liked this post

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hi FP,
    I dearly hoped it worked this month for you guys. Still admire your courage to post here...

Clomid has worked for some with very minor issues but not for others. I personally had the worst egg quality on Clomid at your DW's age. The reason I know that is that I produced 6 eggs on low dosage, FS turned it to IVF and I had the worst embryos EVER.
    DW, being a pin cushion, probably took it as a trooper (really feel sorry for her), will be the carrier and they have been VERY thorough. I would also have said immunological issues with 2 miscarriages but didn't want to scare you guys.
    I know from our experience that giving a sample at 7am in a cold room is not ideal. Please phone them and ask them if you can bring it in. You can do it at home in the AM before you leave and keep it warm at body temperature putting the jar in your pocket and delivering it within a short period of time to the clinic. We've done it and it worked, just check with your clinic regarding the timing.
    Knowing what I know now, I'll go with IUI...It is really NOT that bad and at least it's timed, monitored and you are not sitting at home guessing.

Best of luck with your way forward! You will see, IT WAS ALL WORTHED!

FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, this month didnt work. Funny how there is always this ray of hope at the end of each try followed by crushing dissappointment. Wife needs to get her tubes checked next week and I will get my stuff tested a second time. Anything we should be worried about with her procedure? Is it painful? Should she take an advil before hand?
    Last edited by FertilePanic; 06-27-2015 at 10:06 AM.

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Your wife will be doing an HSG to check her tubes? It is a common procedure and some tolerate it very well and some have some cramping discomfort. Check before hand, but usually taking Motrin before hand can help.
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, to check tubes. they want to prescribe 10 doxy pills but she had got a c-diff infection from being prescribed antibiotics last summer so we are scared to have her take antibiotics again. is it really necessary to take antibiotics for this? also, the clinic is 1hr away... so if i provide my sample beforehand, it has to sit in my lap while i drive for an hour... they said anywhere from 1-3 hours is fine but i'm paranoid. Should I just provide the sample in office? Really don't want to deal with that but also don't feel like racing it there in a car an hour away.

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I think an hour is reasonable for the sample. Just keep it warm. Close to the skin. Your wife can even put under her shirt so the body temp stays close to the same. If you feel your sample will be better taken from home, then that's the route I would take. As far as the doxy, it is to prevent any infection from the procedure itself. Since different medical tools will be inserted for the procedure vaginally. Talk the doctor about the reaction and see if they are okay with postponing the antibiotic. Also, you could ask about possibly taking it alongside probiotics so the intestinal lining doesn't get disrupted, or even a milder antibiotic. Doxy can be pretty harsh.
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

taydeedee
    IVF on Sunday the 19th
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you did the right thing by joining a forum for support. My husband and I have been ttc for 16 years. I am 40 and he is 46. I am prepping right now for our first (and last) IVF. We have been seeing Dr.'s for the past 15 years. We made the mistake of talking to friends and family about it in the beginning. BIG MISTAKE! I think we all expected it to happen so it went from constantly asking about it to feeling sorry for us and finally just being awkward. We have only told some friends from out of State so they could pray for us. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility until 2014 then we found out I had endometriosis. I had surgery in October and still nothing. I have an elevated Prolactin level (milk hormone). My Dr. tells me that may be the problem, it is the hormone breastfeeding mothers produce to nurse the baby. It is mother-natures way of telling a new mother that she has her hands full and doesn't need another one just yet. As long as you are producing high amounts of Prolactin you don't ovulate. I have never even thought I was pregnant so it didn't make sense. Turns out I have a tumor on my Pituitary gland that is causing the surge. I am on medicine now to bring it down. Good Luck to you all and I pray that you all get some good news soon.

taydeedee
    IVF on Sunday the 19th
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell your wife that I have had a HSG done twice (years apart). I experienced slight cramping and a little bleeding but no real pain. Also, I know you said your wife was on Clomid but has she ever tried Letrozol? It is something new that they are using and the side effects are not nearly as bad. Good Luck.

FertilePanic
    | Fertile Journey 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure she has had her prolactin levels checked. They will be switching her from clomid to famara whic I think is same as letrizol? We are supposed to try again later in the week. FS HSG on Monday. It never even occurred to me what a struggle this was going to be.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast