FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone new?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mandalynsmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We did meet the birthmother and she is an angel! It was a 3 hour meeting but it seemed like just a short visit. We are actually going along to her doctor's visit on Monday. She is an amazing lady who is taking a less than ideal situation and turning it into a blessing for someone else... us! Just last night she sent an e-mail that said we feel like family already and it is a mutual feeling. So, hopefully by December we will be new parents.

The failed matches are hard, really hard in regards to 2 of them, but obviously they weren't our little one. We are praying they were just leading us to this little one. Stay positive, who knows your journey might be really short, at least we can hope!

Hope

2. Advertisement

PollyEsther
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalynsmom View Post
    We did meet the birthmother and she is an angel! It was a 3 hour meeting but it seemed like just a short visit. We are actually going along to her doctor's visit on Monday. She is an amazing lady who is taking a less than ideal situation and turning it into a blessing for someone else... us! Just last night she sent an e-mail that said we feel like family already and it is a mutual feeling. So, hopefully by December we will be new parents.

The failed matches are hard, really hard in regards to 2 of them, but obviously they weren't our little one. We are praying they were just leading us to this little one. Stay positive, who knows your journey might be really short, at least we can hope!

Hope
    That is so amazing! I do hope it all works out for you - so far sounds great. We started our homestudy this morning. Had our first interview with our social worker and it went really well. We hop to complete it all by the end of August. Keep us posted.
    Me (29) Married to DH (33) 8/26/2008
    Parents to 2 cats and 1 dog
    Male Factor diagnosed August 2009
    First RE Consult at Cornell 3/19/10
    Chose to adopt
    Registered with agency 5/24/10
    Sent application 6/7/10
    Homestudy Started 6/21/10

dietra18
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    It seems like all of our adoption boards have slowed down. Anyone new here or contemplating transracial adoption?

My ds is Hispanic/Latino American and we are Caucasian.
    Hello my name is Dietra and yes I am new here I'm not sure if I'm in the right group because I am looking to adopt independently privately adopt so let me know if I'm in the right group or not I am looking for someone to probably about without an agency

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

AmHeinz
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, i'm new. my dh and i are contemplating international adoption. we're both caucasians, and fortunately or unfortunately, we're not open to transracial family. my hubbie says its a challenge he won't stand.
    in any case, i admire the families who adopt children of different race. i found it really humanistic and altruistic. actually, skin color makes no difference for us. however, children are so cruel nowadays and we're afraid that our child may be bullied at school or college. it would be a tough thing to cope with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12