FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Discovering My Roots

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    tigger1234
    tigger1234
    has no status.
    Edit

Discovering My Roots

Hi all! I am the product of an overseas adoption and am currently searching for part of my family. I was adopted in Germany by an American family and brought to the states when I was younger. 6 years ago I found my birth mother and discovered that I had an older sister and a half-brother. Every few years I go to Germany to visit them and they come here to visit me. I thought that maybe this would be enough for me, but I still feel like a piece of the "puzzle" (aka ~ my life) is missing.

My birth mother will not give me any information regarding my birth father. Apparentally he left her when she was pregnant with me. I do not even know if he is aware that he has another daughter. I have tried to ask my birth mother about him, but she will not tell me anything. I do know his last name but that is all. There is no information about him in my adoption records.

Could anyone give me any ideas on how to find him? Any and all help would surely be appreciated! Thank you! :-)

2. Advertisement

lrmc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Try to get a copy of your birth certificate from Germany.

Here is a link to Cyndi's list
    http://www.cyndislist.com/germany.htm

German adoption on Yahoo.

http://hometown.aol.com/wmlgage/gd/gd.htm

tigger1234
    tigger1234
    has no status.
    Edit
    Thank you so much!