FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
sibling journey in Ukraine

Kirstenam
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question sibling journey in Ukraine

Hi all. I haven't been here for ages. 3 years have passed since my baby was born via surrogacy in Ukraine. Funny is that recently I realized I want a sibling for my only child. Am I crazy? I mean, having a baby with my conditin is already a blessing but I do feel I need one more child. Although I've been through surrogacy years ago, I'm very nervous as though I've never done this before. I've already contacted the same clinic and was pleased to see there are still some people who worked with us 4 years ago. This is quite comforting. Treatment became more expensive but everything is included and what is the most important it's guarantee.
    I'm a bit worried about current situation in Ukraine. Despite I was assured that rumors about surrogacy ban in Ukraine are just rumors and new law won't be adopted, I can't stop thinking about what to do in case it will be passed. Is anyone here currently having treatment in Ukraine?

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    You're absolutely not crazy for wanting another baby

There are a couple ladies who are currently going through an agency in Ukraine, or just recently finished there, I've seen them comment around the forums every couple of weeks. I hope they get to back to you soon! I'm wishing you all the luck!!
    Thanks Kirstenam thanked for this post
    Likes Kirstenam liked this post

melsimp33
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kirstenam. You're not crazy, I'm sure this might happen to us after we get our first baby.
    I've been on the forum for 2 years but never was ready to post. Ukraine has become my first choice when my wife lost ability to carry a baby. We knew nothing about the country and happened to know it’s a good destination for surrogacy on forums. In my opinion, it’s not safe to just make decision googling reviews on the web. I've been extensively researching all the agencies and clinics and have spoken to quite a few of them. Lately I decided to go to Ukraine to visit most of them personally. I’m sure it’s the best way to understand if the company is professional and trustworthy. I speak Russian and it made things clearer. We haven’t signed yet but we’re on the verge of making this first step.
    If you have any questions re my personal experience please contact me via email melsimp2008@gmail.com

Kirstenam
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kelly thank you for reassuring me! Really? I guess I have to research better then. I don't need advice as I know the process, however, any support will be much appreciated. It's a rollercoaster one can't cope with if no one else is around. Luck is what I need now no doubts. I do hope that new legislation wouldn't pass. The clinic is quite positive about all that, this sets my mind at ease. I'm planning to start in November.

Kirstenam
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you melsimp. You never know when this thought would appear in your head. I didn't think I would be ready for a baby number 2 and here I am. Thank you for your offer! Ukraine is a good choice infact especially now, som many people come to do surrogacy, you'll be surprised. I'm not looking for a a clinic though. I've already contacted the one I was with last time and I'm pretty satisfied with what they provide for the price. But I would love to see your reaserch if you don't mind. I'll send you an email, thanks

melsimp33
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see Kirstenam. Happy to hear you've already decided on this it's a big step. For my wife it's a trial so she left this choice for me lol. I've almost ready to confirm my decision but still have some doubts. Feel free to email me then, I'd love to share what I've found and maybe you can share your experience so I can add new information to the chart. Would you mind answering just a few questions regarding your treatment? I know it was years ago but it might be helpful now too.
    Looking forward to your email.
    Thanks Kirstenam thanked for this post
    Likes Kirstenam liked this post