FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a surrogate in India.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Yash
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a surrogate in India.

Not sure how it works. Can anyone advise me on it? And is it legal here? I am of Indian origin but live overseas.

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if surrogacy is permitted in India, if it is, you'll want to also investigate the immigration technicalities for bringing your baby home with you. It may depend on if it's a gestational or a traditional surrogacy experience. I'd suggest calling a few fertility clinics in India and seeing what they recommend. It may be that they can help you or they may be able to direct you to an agency(ies) that can.

Yash
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much Kelley. I will do that for a start. Every little bit of advice helps.

Patrik
    hope makes me alive

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Yash. I've made a research and can tell you that India is no longer an option if you are not a citizen ofthe country. Even Indians have lots of restrictions and just too few of them meet all requirements to do surrogacy there according to the Surrogacy Bill 2016. It's sad indeed 'cause it was the most affordable and famous destination for surrogacy and I myself was considering this for a while. However, there are still options anyway. Wish you luck on this tough journey.

Yash
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patrick yes India in India commercial surrogacy is not legal any more. However if someone wants to help you, you can still do it. As you said that if one of the people do not have an Indian citizenship, surrogacy has restrictions. How unfortunate for me, I just relinquished my Indian citizenship a few months ago. There has to be way around it. Where are you from if you don't mind sharing?

I have been born in India and need to look into how I can find someone who is willing to help. I am also currently in India so it might be a good thing for me to find out.

Ririand
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I think that India - is not the best place for surrogacy. First of all, my opinion is based on our experience. We had a total failure in India. We left india with complete disappointment and despair. But, as far as I know, since this year, India has banned foreigners from using the services of local surrogate mothers. The reason for the ban is the frequent exploitation of women from poor families. And I think that's right. Because, really - these cases exist. Therefore, the reason for the ban is real, not far-fetched. And I think that's right. Because surrogacy - a long and important process. And you need to have a healthy surrogate mother who knows what she has to do. That's why, I think that the Indian authorities did the right thing. But, this is only my opinion. I do not want to offend those people who have a different opinion. Do not take offense at me.