FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Surrogacy, need an advice

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MaryKam74
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Surrogacy, need an advice

Sometimes pregnancy does not occur whatever you do. Many of you here in this forum will understand me. My husband and I want to have a child. We are married for 10 years. We are both almost 42. I cannot become pregnant. We passed a lot of medical examination. The problem is with my uterus. I was diagnosed 4th stage endometriosis. When I was younger I was irresponsible, I know that many women do not visit gynecologist regularly. So did I, but it has bad side effect for me. I cannot carry a child myself, so we were thinking about a lot of variants. At first we visited the best doctors in Spain. I took the best hormone pills, but the disease was already on the last stage. So doctors recommended an operation. The safest surgery is laparoscopy. So we tried it. Whatever we tried nothing helped. So we started to think over some other variants. All of them weren’t suitable. I guess every woman will do anything for a possibility to become a mom. Now we are thinking about surrogacy. And that will not surprise anyone that we are afraid. We are not 100% sure yet, but If someone tells us their stories about becoming parents using this method we will be very grateful. Thank you guys in advance.

2. Advertisement

KellySM
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Mary. Unfortunately, very often the cause of infertile marriages can be women’s problem with the uterus. Because of this impregnation is very problematic. It is important for every woman to visit gynecologist twice a year for. The problem is that many gynecological diseases are not serious in the early stages but eventually become dangerous. I was one of those women who have a problem with uterus. Actually I don’t have it at all. Few years ago I was diagnosed uterus fibroids. There were so many of them that doctors had to cut the out with the uterus. I wasn’t married yet, and I thought that no one would marry me because if this. But that I met my husband. I decided to be honest with his and told it at the beginning of our relationships. He told that he loves me and that there are still a lot of variants for us to become parents. We wanted to have our own child so adoption wasn’t a variant for us. He told me that we can try surrogacy. I was afraid at first and said that I wouldn’t do that. But that we considered all pros and cons and realized that we can try. At first we decided to try American clinic. The prices are a bit high there but that didn’t stop us. Unfortunately they didn’t help. We tried more and more timed but all our tries wasn’t successful. Nobody can even imagine how miserable I felt at that time. My only wish was to become a mother. The last our try was the Ukrainian clinic. We are parents now. Imagine how happy we were and still are after all those tries. Furthermore we are the happiest parents in the world. We tried and that was worth it.

MaryKam74
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your story, Kate. You know what we feel, as you were in similar situation. I am happy to hear that you tried surrogacy and that was worth it. Can you please tell how you chose a clinic? What are the criteria for a good clinic? And what was wrong with those clinics that you tried. We are still thinking but, when we will decide to try the most important thing will be is to choose the best clinic.

KellySM
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this is actually up to you which clinic to choose. We found them mostly on the internet. The last one is really good. We contacted a coordinator and met a doctor for consultation. We got tested and surrogate mother was chosen for us. Furthermore, when we arrived driver took us to the clinic. The doctors were very friendly and patient. They treated us with understanding. Our package included several tries. In case the first one is not successful, don’t be afraid. That sometimes happens. The doctors do whatever it takes to help you and surrogate mother. We were always aware of the results of medical examination of surrogate mother. But still that nine month of her pregnancy was the most stressful in our lives. To be honest this is very important to be aware, but sometimes it doesn’t help to calm down. We knew that our child is healthy and that made the time we waited a little bit easier. We are happy that at the end we found the place where they helped us. They did whatever it takes for us and our child.

MaryKam74
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Kate, your story is helpful for us. We have some more questions, would you be so kind to tell us what did you do after the child was born? What about all the documents for a newbie. I guess you are not Ukrainian the same as we are. And we don’t know where to make all the documents for a child. Did the clinic help you? Or maybe you had someone to ask for advice. And what is the name of that Ukrainian clinic.

KellySM
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Name of the clinic is Biotexcom. They take care of their patients from abroad. When a child was born we stayed in Ukraine for some time to make all the documents. During that time the pediatrician came to us regularly and made medical examination. He taught us how to take care of the child. We didn’t even know how to carry a child. We were afraid to hurt her. But we could always call a doctor and ask him what to do. And we called her a lot. She taught us all those things. While we were waiting for all necessary documents the clinic helped us with everything and actually taught us how to be good parents. Of course we faced different problems. The accommodation wasn’t god enough. So we had to found another one by ourselves. We didn’t know where to look for it so it took some time. Another problem was food. I am very whimsy when it comes to food. So we visited a lot of restaurants before we found the one we liked. But in general our stay there wasn’t so bad. All those problems weren’t serious.

Kariin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine also had an experience with BioTexCom. I will not repeat what KellySM said. I just want to add that program coordinator helped them with all documents. So there was nothing to worry about. Everything went pretty fast. As soon as they contacted their manager, they responded immediately and provided them with all information. In a couple of days they received a letter from the clinic with the questions to clarify the required info about my friend’s medical history. Also they needed their marriage certificate. After they got all required info they appointed date of their meeting with the doc. They found surrogate mother for them in 2 months if I’m not mistaken. I think it was really short period of time, especially if to compare with Great Britain, where searching could take a year or even more.

kellyLou178
    Happy

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused
    Thank you people, Really

My program starts at Biotex com in May and this will be very stressful but full of excitement time
    But many of you experienced this already and its give me inspiration and courage/
    Did you have anything what you don't like at Biotex com? I want to be ready

Thank you all for sharing your stories

Cassy87Cat
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Girls, really don’t know what to do! My husband and I have got married 4 year ago. All this time we’ve been trying to conceive a baby, but unsuccessfully. And actually I knew the reason why. When I was 17 I had an abortion. I had never told about it neither my parents nor friends. And I was so scared to tell about it to my husband! I thought he won’t understand and he’ll leave me. And I would never tell about it to my parents. They are very strict and spiritual people. Everyday I heard “We want grandchildren!”, “Why don't you still have kids?”, “Don’t you want to become a mother?” Of course I wanted! I’ve been thinking about it every second of my life and still do! One day I plucked up all my courage and told everything to my husband. His reaction really surprised me! He actually supported me and he didn't understand why I was so afraid to tell him earlier. We decided to tell my parents about the reason of my infertility. But their reaction surprised me even more... They never talked to me after I confessed. Their words had almost broken me down. Thanks to my husband, I gathered my spirits and we started to thinks about solutions. We want to have kids no matter what! Firs we tried IVF. We had 5 cycles and all of them failed. Each failure was unbearable. Each following cycle was like a knife in the heart. I blame myself and I understand that all this is only my fault. This feelings are tearing me apart! I just don’t know what to do and where to go... I want to stop this depression, want to start living, want to have a happy family and the most important – want to have children! We think about surrogacy. But where should we start our search? And also IVF procedures pulled a lot of money from us, so maybe you know clinics with affordable prices? I see here a lot of girls, who had surrogacy in Ukraine. What services and prices are there? Thank you for any info in advance!

Cassy

Dee.R
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Cassy! I'm sorry to hear about your parents. It's very important to have support of family in such situation. But you have very good husband! I also underwent surrogacy in Ukraine. Speaking about prices, we chose standard package. The clinic provided us with accommodation, food, taxi and smartphones to ease our communication in Ukraine. Also we had a manager, who translated for us and answered our questions. Oh and we were met in the airport by the representative of the clinic! We paid 39 900 euros for all services. Starting from meeting in the airport and finishing with fertilization and transfer of embryos. They have fixed price for package, we liked it. We didn't pay extra money. We think to go to Ukraine in autumn for our second child) But this time we'll choose VIP package.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast