FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Surrogacy in Inda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    aqua25
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you MrsMurray11

2. Advertisement

Mary1985
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi aqua25!!! We had our surrogacy program in Ukraine. We didn`t have problems with legal part. Our manager did everything needed to get the birth certificate. All the translations were done for us. We had to come to the civil department to get the birth certificate. After that we made an appointment in the embassy. Our manager supplied us with all needed documents. The whole process took 3 or 4 weeks.

aqua25
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply Mary1985. I have gone with a clinic in Mumbai so there are probably different protocols.
    Glad it went well for you.

Michi24
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone who had been considering surrogacy in India has moved forward recently. My husband and I have been trying for 5 years and while I can produce healthy embryos via IVF the pregnancies always end in miscarriage. We've decided to look into surrogacy and have found the cost in our home state of California out of our reach so we are considering India now. It seems like another big mountain to climb and while I'm pushing forward it would be good to hear from others who have already been through this recently. I'm particularly interested in Surrogacy in Mumbai and finding out if people have been happy with their current standards. Thanks to everyone.

Laura1977
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ladies!!! We had surrogacy in Ukraine. Of course we were considering different countries. The first country was the USA. Unfortunately the financial side didn`t let us do surrogacy there. After that we wanted to go to Mexico. We even visited Tabasco. I was shocked by the conditions people live in. I just imagine that a lady who carries our child will live there. I was not ready for this. Later we wanted to go to India. The problem was the egg donor. They almost do not have European ones. One day I was surfing the net and I found an interesting info about Russia and Ukraine. There was smth like a comparison. I got to know that the prices there are really affordable. But you know there was one difference in legislation that made us choose Ukraine. In Russia the SM has the right for the child. Many of them use this and want extra money from the IPs. Comparing to Ukraine where the law totally protects the rights of the IPS. Of course it is only you who will decide. Ladies, in case you have questions I will be happy to help you!!!

Mary1985
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!!!It is nice to meet people who also had been to Ukraine. Where exactly did you have your program? I will be happy to discuss this with you!!! We were in Ukraine about 3 years ago. I think a lot has changed there. And all those awful conflicts shocked us a lot. I was worrying a lot. How is the situation there now? I recently talked to my manager. Not even a manager. She is our family friend already!!! She said that life in Kyiv is the same as it was previously. All the conflicts are far away from Kyiv. Is it true? May there is someone else who had been to Kyiv not long time ago? Can you share your experience? We want to visit Kyiv during winter holidays.

Laughing72
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

India government banned commercial surrogate mother for foreigners since Nov. 2015, I'm considering to Ukrain for SM with donor egg. Mary1985 and Laura1977, could you let me know how should I start? Do I need to apply a medical visa before I start my SM journey? Does my husband have to be in Ukraine while the egg retrival? Can we ship the sperm from US? Etc.......

Ririand
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Government of India has decided to stop this practice. Acquiring a child by participating in surrogacy programs is now available only to citizens of the country. This childbearing technology can be used by childless Indian couples who, for 5 years, can not conceive a child naturally or with the help of IVF. The government bans and punishes for the provision of commercial services for the organization of surrogacy, the government said.
    Earlier, surrogacy was banned by the Thai authorities. Only the citizens of the country can get a child from another mother. Foreigners do not. Also, this procedure is prohibited by law in Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, France, some states of America.
    Legally surrogacy is allowed in most states of America, South Africa, Russia, Georgia, Ukraine. Now the center of surrogacy is Ukraine. We also were there a few years ago. I can say that reproductive technology in that country is well developed. Besides, India is a peculiar country. When you exit the airport, you immediately feel the heat of 50 degrees and an unpleasant smell. And there it is better to book expensive hotels. Because the city is not very safe, relatively foreigners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123