FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
How long to rest after IVF

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Vals4girls
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

How long to rest after IVF

I just have a question......I am having my transfer done May 9th. This is my first time having IVF done, I have gone through a whole cycle but ed's eggs were bad. This time we are hoping this works, but my question is how long did you rest after the Ivf? How long did you stay in bed? How long to take it easy? Just wondering whats best?
    Valerie

2. Advertisement

BC-Sirell
    is loving her new home in San Diego!
    BC for Surrogacy
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Each RE has a different post-transfer bed rest protocol. Here's how mine went:

First IVF - 24 hours horizontal bed rest, then I flew home and stayed on the couch for a couple days before returning to work. Outcome - positive

First FET - 24 hours bed horizontal bed rest, then back to work. Outcome - positive

Second FET - 24 hours horizontal bed rest, then 1 day on the couch. Outcome - positive

Upcoming IVF - 24 hours horizontal bed rest, then 2 days on the couch. Outcome - hoping for a positive.

Ask your RE and do exactly as he/she says.

Good luck and Hugs!

Sirell
    GS to Logan Thomas (born 8/22/10)
    GS to Jodok Roy & Louis Neil (born 12/3/08)
    GS to Jessica Galina (born 10/12/07)
    GS to Bodie Lane (born 9/6/06)
    GS to Ariana Grace (born 11/24/04)
    GS to Katherine Sirell (born 8/21/03)
    TS to Eli Fredrick (born 8/20/01)
    The love of my life - Tim & our children - Alexandria, Ashley, Lacey, Jacob, & Jillian & grandson - Anthony

scorpionsrose
    APR-testing ~ JUN-transfer
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    For our IVF on Sun. our RE has said bed rest on Sunday (only up to go to the bathroom). Then two days of 'home rest', the clinic has said it would be okay to drive to a restaurant and have dinner but no walking around. We have a four hour drive home so the clinic wants us to stay in Houston for the two days of home rest. They have also said no lifting more than 5 pounds until the pregnancy test. No vacuuming, cleaning, or any other strenuous activity til test. Every RE is different though, if fact our clinic has changed their protecol from strict bed rest to just home rest with no activity other than sitting.
    Amy, DH of 20 yrs~Travis, DS~Bradley
    & 3 rotten furbabes ~ 2 kitties & 1 mini doxie
    GS #5 ~ Matched for my exciting finale!
    GS #4 ~ Precious Ellinor ~ 5/12/13 @ 37w6d
    ED #1 ~ My Aussie IPs M & B ~ July 2009
    GS #3 ~ Angel (10w) ~ 05/09
    GS #2 ~ Sweet Miss Chloe ~ 5/1/07 @ 39w2d
    GS #1 ~ Megan & Morgan ~ 12/6/05 @ 35w

Surrogacy Gifts! More Surrogacy Gifts!

punkangel
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it is so funny how every clinic has different "rules" regarding this. My 1st IVF, transfering 2, I was on total bed rest for 4 days. Resulted in a singleton. My second IVF, transfering 2, I had to stay on the transfer bed for an extra 15 minutes then we left and I was told just to take it easy for a few days...we stoped at a resteraunt and had lunch on our way back to my IP's house. My IP's, my DH and I went to the movies the next day.
    End result......I am preg with twins!
    I feel like I sort of wasted my time just laying around for 4 days the 1st time, but that is what the protocol called for so that is what I do.

Ask your RE. He/She will tell you what is "tried and true" for their particular clinic protocol.

I wish you luck and can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

Vals4girls
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I told the RE to tell my husband at least 2 days bed rest, and 2 weeks of no Cleaning, I dont enjoy cleaning and anyway to get out of it, this is a way to get a little break until there is a pos. I am hoping that he doesnt call for 4 days, that is ahrd to do. It gets old after a while and you just want to do something other than just lay around. I never really discussed it with him except joking around and telling him to tell my husband that. So I really don't know what he is going to make me do. We will see soon. Ill keep you posted, and thanks for responding.
    Valerie
    1st time GS
    mommy of 4 dd's

KarenJC
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to another province for the transfer and they basically asked me to stay for two days after the transfer. I thought I would be on strict bed rest but they just told me to take it easy. Which was not hard when I was alone the whole time! I did walk around but not too far nor too long and I am currently 8 wks pg with a singleton!!

Nich+2munchkins
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every RE is different mine wants 72 hours of bedrest which is insane lol. We are going to try to knock it down to 48 this time. And then I just took it easy for the week after I tried not to pick up my kids but that was just me being paranoid lol. Good luck with your Transfer

Nichole
    Leah 5-25-00

Aaron 7-19-02

GS to A&J

givenblessings
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Transfer was on a Saturday. Bedrest for Sat and Sun back to desk job on Monday. Positive result.
    GSx1 born 11/30/04
    GSx2

Lucy-1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always had "3 days of relaxation" as my RE put it. HE said do whatever makes you feel relaxed, for some that is reading, other watching TV, and others it is going to the movies. I think the idea is to keep away the anxiety. LOL I personally lounge around for 2 days and on the 3rd I will go out to see a movie and go to dinner.

Hugs,
    Lucy
    former Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB for the last 7 years!
    Mom to 3 daughters (Sierra -12yo-mine, Athena -14yo-mine and Ashlen 18yo-step daughter)
    Surrogate mother to Misha 2/5/99, Reece and Nicole 3/29/01, and Anna 11/2/04
    Have done 10 IVF cycles with 4 couples, 3 RE's and 1 agency....
    A Surrogate Mother's Journey - Read all about my 1st Surrogate Journey