FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Just curious

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    annie918
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious

My period is about 2 weeks late. I have taken at least 5 hpt, which have ALL come out negative (I even tested at different types of the day to see if anything would change). However, I still have not started. I've been having minor cramps (similar to those I get on the first day of my period) and more discharge than normal (it's kind of clear and smells awful...which, unfortunately, is normal for me)

I am engaged to be married next June, so the possibility of having a baby before then is EXTREMELY scary (especially if I have to tell my parents).

I'm not really sure what my question is....could I be pregnant? Could the worrying I'm doing about possibly being pregnant be bringing these symptoms on? If I am pregnant, how do we tell our (religious, yet loving) families?

2. Advertisement

hadouni
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience is hpts are pretty reliable. If you're two weeks late, your HGC levels would be way above the hpt test level if you were pregnant and they'd register on any hpt. I think the hgc level most hpts need is 25 and you get there within 48 hours of implantation. If in doubt, head in to your Dr or a clinic like Planned Parenthood for a blood test.

EbonyPrncess1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Annie918

There are a number of reasons why your period could be late. Like hadouni said, I think the hpt would have pick up on an elevated HCG after being two weeks late. Stress can also cause a delayed mentral, and sometimes our cycle can simply switch up on us. I hope you get the right answer soon. Maybe for now schedule an appointment with your ob/gyn and go from there.

Best of Luck,
    EP

JackieSixty
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Home pregnancy tests are VERY accurate. If you've gotten five negatives, you are most likely not pregnant and there are many reasons your period could be late.

If your discharge smells bad, I would see a gynecologist, because it sounds like you might have a bacterial vaginal infection. Maybe you're just sensitive to how your discharge smells, but it should not smell "awful."

I would also look in to a more reliable form of birth control since you're worried about getting pregnant before getting married; ideally, you should be using at least two forms of birth control if you're serious about preventing pregnancy.

mekiaussie234
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    How curious are your close friends about you? Do they ask lots of questions about your background? What you did over the weekend? About what goes on at work? About your home life? Your family and other friends?

manvish434
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    How curious are your close friends about you? Do they ask lots of questions about your background? What you did over the weekend? About what goes on at work? About your home life? Your family and other friends?