FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
single man wants to be a dad

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    edcoy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

single man wants to be a dad

Hello.
    Iím absolutely new to adoption. Iím here to get answers to a few of my questions. Please take some time to read my story.
    i am a single man of 39 yrs old, never married. my parents often ask me when Iíll finally marry Ďcause they wanna have grandkids. Firstly, I was ignorant of it. Afterwards, these questions started to irritate me and even got me upset. I had three long-lasting relationships with ladies but finally we both found out that weíre not a perfect match. Itís better to live apart, than to argue all the time. My last mate was cheating on me with another man. I couldnít tolerate it anymore, so we felt apart. Since that time, Iíve been alone for almost two years. With years, I started to realize that itís getting even harder to make up a family. Women are so much career-oriented. Being back to want my parents always ask me, I finally realized that I want to have a kid. I donít know whether Iíll ever meet a soulmate or not, but what I know for sure is that I want to be a daddy.
    I feel awkward to talk about it with my parents or friends, so I refer to unknown people with hope to get a piece of advice. I know that surrogate mothers may give birth to my biological baby. However, Iím not sure that this method is for me. My parents are very religious and they will just go crazy about the idea. Moreover, Iím not sure that Iíll be good enough in changing nappies and midnight meals. I think adoption is a better option for me.
    If thereís anyone in similar situation or any single dads that have already adopted a kid, please share your experience. Is this possible for me and how long might it take? What papers do I need to be found legible for adoption?
    thanks

2. Advertisement

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thank you for sharing your story. I commend you for knowing what challenges you may not feel up to as a single dad and turning to adoption is wonderful. Adopting as a single dad may have some barriers, I have to be honest, but with the right agency, I am sure there are some countries that allow. I absolutely loved my agency which is the most important thing. Please feel free to PM me if you want to check them out as well..
    To answer your question, you need a home study for adoption, that is the first critical piece of paperwork that all agencies will require. You get this from a licensed social worker. They will come and speak with you and draw up that document. All of this may seem overwhelming, but if you are dedicated to it, it truly is not as bad as some may say. Adopting a slightly older toddler may be perfect for you and also slightly easier to adopt then a baby per say, which works in your favor and how awesome for the child!

I wish you loads of success and a great family to come. Hopefully, if seen fit, a great partner also to join your family
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

zesh21404
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Faith32 View Post
    Thank you for sharing your story. I commend you for knowing what challenges you may not feel up to as a single dad and turning to adoption is wonderful. Adopting as a single dad may have some barriers, I have to be honest, but with the right agency, I am sure there are some countries that allow. I absolutely loved my agency which is the most important thing. Please feel free to PM me if you want to check them out as well..
    To answer your question, you need a home study for adoption, that is the first critical piece of paperwork that all agencies will require. You get this from a licensed social worker. They will come and speak with you and draw up that document. All of this may seem overwhelming, but if you are dedicated to it, it truly is not as bad as some may say. Adopting a slightly older toddler may be perfect for you and also slightly easier to adopt then a baby per say, which works in your favor and how awesome for the child!

I wish you loads of success and a great family to come. Hopefully, if seen fit, a great partner also to join your family
    Quote Originally Posted by edcoy View Post
    Hello.
    Iím absolutely new to adoption. Iím here to get answers to a few of my questions. Please take some time to read my story.
    i am a single man of 39 yrs old, never married. my parents often ask me when Iíll finally marry Ďcause they wanna have grandkids. Firstly, I was ignorant of it. Afterwards, these questions started to irritate me and even got me upset. I had three long-lasting relationships with ladies but finally we both found out that weíre not a perfect match. Itís better to live apart, than to argue all the time. My last mate was cheating on me with another man. I couldnít tolerate it anymore, so we felt apart. Since that time, Iíve been alone for almost two years. With years, I started to realize that itís getting even harder to make up a family. Women are so much career-oriented. Being back to want my parents always ask me, I finally realized that I want to have a kid. I donít know whether Iíll ever meet a soulmate or not, but what I know for sure is that I want to be a daddy.
    I feel awkward to talk about it with my parents or friends, so I refer to unknown people with hope to get a piece of advice. I know that surrogate mothers may give birth to my biological baby. However, Iím not sure that this method is for me. My parents are very religious and they will just go crazy about the idea. Moreover, Iím not sure that Iíll be good enough in changing nappies and midnight meals. I think adoption is a better option for me.
    If thereís anyone in similar situation or any single dads that have already adopted a kid, please share your experience. Is this possible for me and how long might it take? What papers do I need to be found legible for adoption?
    thanks

hi
    have u ever considered making an arrangement with someone who was already pregnant or wanting to have a child as much as u do but also didnt have that 'soulmate'?

Ririand
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I do not know what to advise you. Preferred for the child from the orphanage will be a full-fledged family. The fact is that the adoption process is not easy enough. I would even say that it is very difficult. And most likely, as long as you are lonely you will not be given a child. But it is necessary to take into account the interests of the child. Perhaps a full-fledged family will want to adopt him. Therefore, if you are refused adoption, you should treat this with understanding.