FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Good news!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Sissy2002
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh he did occupational therapy and he would like have to make his own desicions(at that time if you gave him two choices of something he would always pick the last one that you said)

ummmmm........yeah there was improvement here and there but then he would just start losing it again : / But even though he has stopped going to therapy he has been doing well. For the past week or two he has been playing video games on the nintindo 64 and he play like racing games(he just now is able to hold down the go button and steer at the same time ) and his speech has gotten SO much better. Now he will start conversations by asking "how are you?" i mean his speech isnt very clear like when he says covers it comes out "pudas" and when he says bunny it comes out "unny" but its gradually getting better and im happy that we can aleast understand what hes saying...hehe

2. Advertisement

Autism brother
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sissy2002 View Post
    My little brother with autism Elijah who will be 4 on the 19th is finally starting to talk a little bit. Now when he gets hurt he will rub the spot that got hurt and say "ow...hurt." So im really hoping that he will remember the words that he has learned so he can start talking more fluently in the future. Also I noticed that he has not been on the computer so much which is really good so he has been getting more people interaction. About how old were your siblings with autism when they started communicating there thoughts and feelings with words?
    i have a 25 yr old autistic brother. and i and my mother let him thes things. (please make it in list format and explain why).

(we make him behave in public but at our/his house we don't care what he does as long as he's not hurting himself or others).

1. running butt naked (even infront of company). if hes more comfortable that way i shud i put clothes on him? and btw we have all wood floors so pee and poop wipe up easily. (were still working potty training.)

2. scream and shout. if he can't or won't talk he screams (i only allow this in the house) all he wants.

3. throw food. if its bad i say we have a food fight.

4. drawing on EVERYTHING walls, floors, NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS. i encourage his imagination.

5. paint on us and the walls. see #4

6. junkfood everyday all day. my brother is a picky eater so if he eats anything im so happy. (i give him a multivitamin to make up for all that he lost).

7. eat with his hands. its SUPER SUPER MESSY but he loves it.

8. were mis matched clothes in public.
    if that means him wearing bright green pants a pink shirt sandels and a hat to church well gess what hes wearing it.

9. haveing "messy bath's" we get them off of Pinterest sencery baths for kids.

10. sleep with me. (hes got his own room) but if he wants to sleep with me he can.

11. jump on furniture and beds. (he has a trampoline and mini trampoline in his room) its just he likes to jump on furniture Good news!.

12. play in mud. ANYWHERE. sure i was late taking him to his ABA but we had a blast getting soaked. btw. he went in to his ABA dripping mud the other kids and adults looked at us like we were crazy. (ok only some did) a couple of his teachers said "will its good he's having fun.Good news!Good news!Good news!Good news!Good news!.

13. pee in the shower. (if i can get him to pee i will (he once peed on the floor while i was cleaning up after arts and crafts i said (in my happyist voice i could) i said "buddy wow you made a big peepee lets get you cleaned up"

14. baby talk . if he understands it better. I'll do it.

and 15. love him unconditional. he's thought me so much. Good news!

Oh and splash ALLOVER in the bath so what if water get literally EVERYWERE its fun for him and we have A LOT of towels on the floor. Good news!

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Autism brother
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sissy2002 View Post
    So Elijah is now 5 as of May and hes been improving a lot! He can now use words in the proper context and at the right time which is very exciting for both my family and him! But his behavior has changed recently and he will try and beat up our 3 year old brother but he hasnt done that as much in the last couple of days which is good. Also he has been getting better with sharing and his independent living skills! We thought thathe couldnt get himself dressed but it turns out that in the morning hes just to tired to take the time to try and do it himself and he gets easily frustrated in the morning! This year is a big year for him he will be going into specail needs kindergarten, even though it will be like the past two years we still think its a big deal because some of the kids in his class last year didnt get to go last year when they were supposed to because they werent ready so im very happy to see that he is ready to move on! I just think that the move to 1st grade next year when the whole days start may be a little difficult for him because he's been doing half days at school since he started when he was 3 1/2 but thats in a whole nother year so i dont have to worry just yet...lol! Anyways i just wanted to give everyone Elijahs most recent update!
    You can send him half a day and then teach him yourself the other half. That's what we did with my bro. But we had to pull him out of school because he really wasn't suited for it. (Brain surgery) that was the first time he had one (I think the dress of the loud noise did that to him tho) idn. My bro has severe autism and LOVES more than anything to be naked so we homeschooled him until he was 23 (he's 26 yrs old now) and he's teaching us more than we ever thought possible. Not about math or anything like that but about the soul and fun. We all love him so much. Good news!Good news!Good news!.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12