FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Not getting the monitoring.....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    JennF
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Not getting the monitoring.....

Hi Ladies,

This is more of a vent than anything else. My last pregnancy, I was seeing an RE and was highly monitored. I had my beta # by now and during my pregnancy I had many U/S. This pregnancy just won't be that way and I feel like I am left out here to do it all alone. Don't get me wrong...I know I am blessed to have this happen on its own and who am I to complain? All the same, I wish I was being followed a little more closely and had an u/s to look forward to. It still is scary not knowing how things are going. I guess I was a little spoiled last go round. Sorry to be such a whiner but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to
    Claire 12/14/04

and
    Evan 09/09/06

You are both more perfect than I could've hoped, more beautiful than I could've dreamed,
    more precious than I could've imagined, I love you more than I could've known

2. Advertisement

greedy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jennifer,
    Don't worry about whining. The same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with my daughter. The early IVF pregnancies are SO much different, with all that monitoring. The natural ones you really can't go on anything but faith and it's hard to have much after IVF.

bailymk
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see where you are coming from! We have been with our RE for well over a year and after 2 failed IVF's got pg naturally. They did great with the beta's and we got out first u/s but then they quickly released us to our regular OB at 6w. I hoped and thought I'd stay with them for 9-10w (as I would have if I would be pg through IVF) but no luck.

My OB is a little different though and does do an u/s between 8-10 weeks which is great so we'll get to see the little one again before the 20 week mark.

Hang in there!
    Melanie
    Melanie
    DS 8/06
    DS 2/08
    EDD 3/24/09 - It's a boy!!!

betsy68
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a nephew who was from IVF FET. My sister just could not believe that I didn't have betas! She just thought that was the norm.

It is true that a baby from BMS without hormones is not monitored as closely. My first was a clomid baby and even then, I didn't have any beta numbers.

This time I just told the doc I want an early u/s. With my history of two m/c and my abdominal surgery last summer he readily agreed to the u/s. I am so glad I was able to have that done!

Anyway, you are not whining. Your pregnancy is a major focus in your life and you know how reassuring all those early tests are. It must be frustrating not to be able to have those assurances this time. Hang in there!

Betsy
    edd 9-7-06

DD #1 6/97 (clomid baby, 2+ yrs TTC)
    mc 6/98
    DD #2 10/99
    DD#3 1/02
    mc 8/03
    ovary, tube and huge cyst removed 6/05