FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone have a daybed, futon, or similar in the nursery?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone have a daybed, futon, or similar in the nursery?

I am just thinking of those sleepless nights the first 2-3 months and how handy a small futon would be. Any cute ones out there that are not black or brown? Anyone have ideas? What about a cute lazyboy that stretches out.... is there such a thing as a cute lazyboy-LOL?
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

2. Advertisement

flicka7
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My parents had 4 twin beds and wanted to get rid of 2 of them. I took one and will use it in the baby's room as a daybed-ish type of thing. I also ordered a really comfy chair and ottoman which I'm sure I'll be able to fall asleep in.

I'm not familiar at all with futons, but that would be a good idea for a guest bed if you need one too!
    Me & DH, 47
    POF, 6 IVF's, 2 m/c, finally successful with DE
    5, twins & 3.5

bianca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you'll get lucky & there won't be too many sleepless nights! My dd was always a good sleeper. We had her in our room for the first 4 months but in her room now (which will be the baby's room) is only a rocking chair. I've never fallen asleep at night while up with her. Hope you find something that suits you.
    Mummy to my 3 miracles:
    Jacinta Margaret 9/8/03 (thanks to a great herbalist )
    Kaelyn Eliza 9/18/05 (a total surprise )
    Elise Jaimee 7/19/08
    after nearly 3yrs ttc #1,12 failed clomid cycles, 1 IVF & 1 FET

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think we will ever have baby in the room with us. When DS was born we worried ourselves sick over every ooh, ah, grunt, grumble, and noise. And they were just ordinary baby noises. So we put DS in his room from day 1 and used a monitor and we got sleep and at the same time we could hear him when he cried and needed to be fed.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

JJsmom
    has no status.
    Just East of West and slighty North of South
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Barging...

If I had the room, you had better believe that I would have had at least a twin bed, bigger if possible in my baby's room each time!!!!!!!!!!! That would've made things waaay easier those first few weeks/months!!!

Oopss... sorry forgot to mention I'm barging!!!! LOL I lurk here because both of my boys were September boys (although the last c/s was scheduled in Aug....he was an early Sept. due date)...

Amy
    Last edited by JJsmom; 05-07-2005 at 05:50 PM. Reason: forgot to say I'm barging
    The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it. -- Flannery O'Connor

Saigon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've thought of using one of those fold out chairs or sofas, not a hideabed but one that folds up to a sofa. But I am relatively small. With DS I had a papazan chair that Ive had for ten years. Very comfy but not very stable