FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
trouble sleeping

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kerstyn51293
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

trouble sleeping

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I cannot for anything get comfortable enough to sleep good. I wake up every nite @ 3a.m. also. I am a major belly sleeper and now i am starting to show and it doesnt feel right to sleep on my belly nor is it even comfy. I heard somewhere that you arent supposed to sleep on your back because the baby loses oxygen? so that only leaves my side. sorry to sound like a complainer but just wondered if anyone else was having problems with this.

Tina
    me30/dh34 dd 5/12/93 1ectopic -2/04 3 m/c 2/92,9/96 /2/99
    Jayden Riley Joseph Aug 23rd- 8lb 10 oz 21 1/2 inches
    AHM!!

2. Advertisement

pugified
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding
    I am definitely right there with you!! I too am a belly sleeper, but that is not comfy anymore. I hate sleeping on my side - toss and turn all night!! And half the time I wake up and realize I am on my back!! I try to put pillows behind me, but I must push them away or something. Ugh...I suppose it just takes some getting used to.
    Me 31, DH 33; Dx: Male Factor
    IVF #1 - BFP!
    DD #1 ~ Ava ~ Born August 22, 2005
    FET #1 - BFP!
    DD #2 ~ Lyla ~ Born April 14, 2008

kerstyn51293
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats funny you said that about ending up on your back, i woke up 3x last nite and each time i was on my back! i really must move around more than i used to because i wake up and realize i am on the same side of the bed as dh and the other half is empty! poor dh! i am a bed hog!
    Tina
    me30/dh34 dd 5/12/93 1ectopic -2/04 3 m/c 2/92,9/96 /2/99
    Jayden Riley Joseph Aug 23rd- 8lb 10 oz 21 1/2 inches
    AHM!!

bianca
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's best not to sleep on your back b/c the baby presses on your other organs. I sleep on my side with a body pillow. Hope you find some way of getting comfy.
    Mummy to my 3 miracles:
    Jacinta Margaret 9/8/03 (thanks to a great herbalist )
    Kaelyn Eliza 9/18/05 (a total surprise )
    Elise Jaimee 7/19/08
    after nearly 3yrs ttc #1,12 failed clomid cycles, 1 IVF & 1 FET

Crystal
    is enjoying life.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm having trouble sleeping too but with me it's not the belly thing.. it's the leg cramps! Anyone else having major leg cramps? If I'm not getting up to pee every hour on the hour my legs are hurting..
    Crystal

PowerMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya! I'm not a belly sleeper, but I have to tell you I do have a lot of trouble sleeping. Everyone keeps telling me to take naps at the end of the day, but if I'm lucky enough to fall a sleep then I'm unlucky b/c I can't sleep later. Even if I do fall a sleep later then I won't sleep past 3 a.m. and I have to be at work a few hrs. later. I've never been someone who couldn't fall back to sleep... I have no idea what else to do. As for as sleeping on your side and not on the back or belly, get yourself a body pillow or pregnancy pillow. Those really go help. You can rest part of the pillow under your tummy and it kinda gives you that feeling of laying on your belly. I hope that helps!
    Jackie
    PCOS
    + hpt 1/11/04, on a rest cycle!
    RE appt for bw & u/s 1/12/05
    RE appt for u/s 1/27/05
    US for bleeding 2/24/05; Partial Placenta Previa

~RD~
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had a problem with this when I was about 12 weeks along with Boo. I would wake up EVERY night at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep to save my life. I was miserable and exhausted for about 1 month and then I was able to sleep again.

Right now I have problems with my hips. I have aweful pain in them when I lay on them for more than 30 minutes. My belly is huge so there is no laying there. I keep waking up on my back though I know I am not supposed to be. I cannot control the way I roll when I am out.

Mommy to "Boo" and "Ya-Ya"

My website - www.StudioRachel.com
    My blog - www.StudioRachelPhotography.blogspot.com
    My etsy store - www.BooBearBoutique.etsy.com

"Men who fart in church sit in their own pew." - Mike Rowe