FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone here with POF?

fajita
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone here with POF?

I'm just curious if there is anyone here with POF who has been blessed with one child and TTC #2 (or 3?) I've been blessed with one naturally in 2011, and am dying to have another. Our DD is just turning 2 in a few weeks. I've tried acupuncture, herbs, supplements, dietary changes, you name it from Jan-June this year. I am now taking a 'break' from it all allowing myself to drink a little, enjoy the occasional coffee, etc. We are now at a crossroad wondering do we have false hope that lightning can strike twice? (I haven't had a period since April, FSH has been 26-52, AMH <.08.) We are starting to talk about DE and adoption (I'm leaning toward DE), but I keep having second thoughts that I'm giving up too soon, etc. This journey is so tough! I'm extremely grateful for my beautiful little girl, but want another.... In the meantime, I started HRT 2 weeks ago in hopes of bringing on a period and to help manage hot flashes. xo-Lauren

2. Advertisement

Laughing
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, I know this is an old post but I wondered what you decided to do? I'm in a similar situation and would love to hear your update. Best wishes
    Likes Tulip1834 liked this post

Tulip1834
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    I'd like to know too. @Laughing if you are on here still msg me. Maybe we can support each other!
    Me: 38--DOR
    DH: 35--Healthy

3/15--Laparascopy
    4/15--Clomid 50 mg
    5/15--Clomid 50-100 mg*not monitored*
    6/15--Dx w/DOR
    11/15--IVF#1 Estradol Protocol- cancelled
    12/15--met with RE, then 2 more; 2nd RE--Natural IVF.
    1/16--no cycle.
    3/16 Cycle returned 1st of the month. At the end a cycle (or something) started.
    4/16 IVF turned into IUI--BFN

Laughing
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip1834 View Post
    I'd like to know too. @Laughing if you are on here still msg me. Maybe we can support each other!
    Hi Tulip, I haven't been on here in so long but just got the alert that you posted, are you in a similar spot? I just started hrt again in the hope that that will help... fsh sky high despite good diet acupuncture herbs etc since Jan....

Tulip1834
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    Omg you answered!!! I didn't think anyone would! I've been on here looking for current POF posts and this was the most recent. I haven't had my cycle since October. 😭 I'm seeing an acupuncturist and she's giving me herbs too. I'm sooooooo frustrated....

3/15--Laparascopy
    4/15--Clomid 50 mg
    6/15--Dx w/DOR
    1/16--no cycle.
    3/16 Cycle returned 1st of the month. At the end a cycle (or something) started.

Laughing
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Omg you answered!!! I didn't think anyone would! I've been on here looking for current POF posts and this was the most recent. I haven't had my cycle since October. 😭 I'm seeing an acupuncturist and she's giving me herbs too. I'm sooooooo frustrated....
    That is so annoying! Are you getting lots o symptoms or are you on hrt to mitigate? I was getting terrible sleep, hot flashes etc so reluctantly restarted. I was reading about a dr called dr check who has had success in having high fsh pregnancies after working with hrt.... are you doing diet stuff too? It's a pain but easier in summer
    Likes Tulip1834 liked this post

Tulip1834
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    Well symptoms wise I feel cramps every now and then. I was crying at a TV show the other day and I always love sweets...that I now can't have. 😐😞 No hrt for me. Trying to do things naturally. The herbs do have minor side effects tho. The last set I was on had me ALWAYS hungry! The new ones I'm on now has decreased my appetite. Smh. This is the 4th set that I've tried to get my cycle started. I'm getting scared...

I was pregnant last July but it was a CP. This mother's day was kinda hard because of it.

No sweets or sugar or chocolate 😢 I'm trying reaaalllll hard with the sweets. I've given up alcohol easily but the sweets and chocolate have been rough. It'll be easier in the summer for me because I'm a teacher. Come on summer! Lol

How are things for you??

3/15--Laparascopy
    4/15--Clomid 50 mg
    6/15--Dx w/DOR
    1/16--no cycle.

Laughing
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well symptoms wise I feel cramps every now and then. I was crying at a TV show the other day and I always love sweets...that I now can't have. 😐😞 No hrt for me. Trying to do things naturally. The herbs do have minor side effects tho. The last set I was on had me ALWAYS hungry! The new ones I'm on now has decreased my appetite. Smh. This is the 4th set that I've tried to get my cycle started. I'm getting scared...

I was pregnant last July but it was a CP. This mother's day was kinda hard because of it.

No sweets or sugar or chocolate 😢 I'm trying reaaalllll hard with the sweets. I've given up alcohol easily but the sweets and chocolate have been rough. It'll be easier in the summer for me because I'm a teacher. Come on summer! Lol

How are things for you??
    Hi tulip,

How are you? I'm sorry to disappear, have so much going on which is playing havoc with ability to follow the regime properly... have been off for a month at least due to
    Some dramas but trying to get back on it. Ow. I guess it's no surprise then that no signs of period or anything else. How is it going for you? Are you having cycles or any good fertility signs? Xx