FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Kazz?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Kazz?

Updates please? How's the m/s? Fatigue? Excitement? How's DP coping?

2. Advertisement

kazzil
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    All going ok here
    Morning sickness is proving to be a challenge sometimes, but I've realised it is often just easier to throw up and get it over and done with. I feel so much better afterwards. Did/does anyone else find that?
    Fatigue is manageable. I'm definately feel more tired, and DP just shakes her head when I say I'm going to bed and it is only 7.30pm! I'm generally ok during the day but this week has been harder but I've a headcold too which doesn't help.
    My other main symptom is sore BB's!! They seem to always be in the way at the moment and getting knocked which is painful. I have to wear a bra unless I'm in bed!
    We're definately excited, but it's scary at the same time... DP is the same. I think it is the thought of the unknown... and all the what if's! Still, we wouldn't change things for the world!!
    Kaz
    After 6 failed IUI cycles, we moved on to IVF and got our first BFP!
    Our twins were born 06/06/07 at 37.5wks

Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember sore boobs, but I threw up constantly...lost 10lbs in the first trimester. I had to go on nausea meds, since I'm diabetic and needed to keep food in since I was on insulin. I took zofran which my doctors had to fight with my insurance for, but it did help some. I would wake up to barf, then be ravenous and eat a big breakfast and then barf again and then the rest of the day would be a bit better. Once I even ruptured a blood vessel in my eye from throwing up!
    It did get better in the second and third trimester, but I barfed until the day I had him. I still loved being pregnant!
    Best of luck!

Didi
    Last edited by Didi1; 10-27-2006 at 01:36 AM.

Minxy3
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My hormones were sooo high (triplets at the time) and I was nautious (sp) ALL the time, but never actually threw up until my 2nd trimester (doesn't that beat all ... but that's because I smelled some spoiled meat). Sometimes I thought I'd feel better if I would just get it out of my system, but after the couple times I've done it this trimester, I'd just as soon rather not.

The BEST things for me were Ginger Ale and Ritz crackers with cheddar cheese on them. I ran out one day and was resigned to going to the hospital with dehydration 'cause I just couldn't eat or drink and my neighbor went and bought me saltines and Ginger Ale and that pulled me out of that funk.

Someone suggested keeping raisins by the bed. My dog ended up getting them and I was just as happy.

It took 'til about week 15 for most of it to all settle down. Week 12 is NOT a magical week LOL and even then it was a gradual process.

Susan

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had nature valley granola bars next to my bed. Someone told me try to eat before you even get out of bed. It worked for me. Just a few bites of the granola bars (they're very thin and crunchy, in case you don't have them down under) and I would be ok.

I didn't have much morning sickness and for that I was blessed.

Amy

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Protein, protein, protein. Keeps it at bay!

Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The nurses in the prenatal diabetes clinic told me to try french fries or potato chips and they really did work! Nothing like a dose of carbs, grease and salt to curb nausea, lol!

Didi

kazzil
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I've tried just about everything and nothing much is helping. My OB has put me on anti-nausea medication which takes the edge off and I'm at least keeping fluids and a bit of food down each day. I'm at least down from vomiting 10+ times per day down to 2 or 3.

I also had a bleeding scare over the weekend. I had another ultrasound today and all is good. After reading these boards though, it seems like lots of you have had bleeding/spotting in early pregnancy. Still, I hope it doesn't happen again!!
    Kaz
    After 6 failed IUI cycles, we moved on to IVF and got our first BFP!
    Our twins were born 06/06/07 at 37.5wks

Frieda
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't have morning sickness with my singelton but I was sick as a dog with my twins. I don't throw up too easy but the constant nausea got to me. It got better after the sixth month. Seabands helped a little bit and keeping myself busy and distracted. Take it as a sign of a strong pregnancy. I did have some bleeding at 15 weeks and was scared to death. Everyone was fine though.
    Take it easy