FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Has anyone started out single and added their partner to the mix?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    JeanieBeanie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Doh

Has anyone started out single and added their partner to the mix?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if you all started out together and then had a family, or if any of you started out solo with a child and then met someone. Did your relationships move quickly or what. This is all pretty new to me, but I don't know where time has gone and we're already talking about moving in together and it hasn't been all that long. I guess I'm kind of confused and don't even know what the norm is, ya know?

Thanks for any advice/input!
    Jean
    Mom to Meghan a/k/a Meggles-8

2. Advertisement

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    so the joke goes - what does a lesbian bring on a second date - answer - a U-Haul!!

I think the stereotype is that things tend to move somewhat faster with two women - because women are natural nesters and I think there is something to it!

Dp and I started our family together - but I know plenty of people who had their kids first and their partner second - I don't think there is a norm there.

Does your friend have kids too? Is she also just coming out?

I'm sure this is all really confusing for you - but we are all here to help!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG...Amy beat me to it...I was going to say the same thing...2nd date...bring a Uhaul.

No help from me, either. I do know that we started out as friends first...no joke..we were best friends first (and drinkin buddies) and then moved on from there. I understand that is a great foundation on any relationship...friends, then lovers.

If RiTay comes on again, she might be able to give some insight. I think (and I could be wrong) there was a child involved before they got involved...but I"m not sure.

And RiTay..forgive me if I got that wrong.

Amy

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh so sorry i haven't been on much!!

yes, dp had her son as a single mom before we met. ds was 5 when we started dating (and yes, I think I was practically moved in within the month!)

pm me if you'd like and we can chat about it!
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15