FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Another Appointment!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Another Appointment!

Just had my 18w appointment with the midwife - they work from a rural centre - and happened to be in my town delivering another baby - so they came to my house! What service!

HB is at 158 - measuring right on! And - its been confirmed - I haven't gained a pound. Weird - the baby must be feeding off the fat in my butt - cause he's definitely made his presence known! BP is higher (in my books) than usual - but she's not concerned at all. In her words "everything's perfect!"

2. Advertisement

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I AM SO JEALOUS. How can you NOT have gained weight yet?

On the flip side, are you getting enough calories?

wives tale....high heart rate = girl

Seriously, are you eating enough calories to feed you and the baby?

Amy

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly? Better diet and a little nasea and sweets aversion seems to be the key. After a year of baby making and evil Clomid influence - I had a few extra lbs to work with. I did a calorie count over the last couple days and I'm doing OK - but its definitely OK to give into the constant hunger! I might have lost a bit in the first trimester as well and put them back on (I wasn't diligent about checking - actually we don't even own a scale). So - at 18 weeks m/w says its OK - but at 22 weeks when she sees me next - it better not be the same!

First time ever in my life I haven't worried about needing to lose weight. Nice!

Also - wives tales are all pointing to girl - but my strooooong sense is boy, boy, boy!

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Think PINK..that's what will help! PINK PINK PINK.

I liked that I didn't worry about losing weight either..I worried about GAINING too much. I gained 1 lb every week from the get go...but on IVF I was heavier simply from the injections the swelling, the hormones ...etc.

I remember the nurse weighing me one week and indeed I gained 1lb a week and I sighed heavily and said OH NO...she said..YOu DO realize you WILL gain weight when you have a baby, right? Yes, I said....but a lb a week for 40 weeks is FORTY POUNDS!

OH well..as long as you're healthy, that is what matters.

What other tricks have you done to see if it's a boy or girl? DId you do the coin over the belly thing?

Amy

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    This week I'm into having a boy actually - so blue is good....but if it came out pink - that would be great too! Last week I desperately wanted a girl....who knows?

What's the coin trick?

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, wrong trick...the ring trick. Tie a ring to a string and hold the string in the air over your belly with the ring hanging over the belly button and if it twirls one way it's a boy and if it twirls another way it's a girl.

Mine twirled boy and I ended up with a girl

CHinese lunar calendar said I'd be having a boy, I had a girl

Amy

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wintak

CHinese lunar calendar said I'd be having a boy, I had a girl
    Everyone I know who used that - got the opposite. Mine says girl!