FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
IVF Anyone?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    kazzil
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

IVF Anyone?

I just thought I'd start this thread for those who are doing/have done/ or are considering IVF. It's always good to hear everyone elses experiences, especially on this daunting journey!

I'm on my first IVF cycle. I have been taking Synarel for the last 18 days and I had my first FSH injection today. I go in on Sunday for a blood test/scan to see what is going to happen next. At this stage, it is looking like I'll have the egg retrieval in about 2 weeks. It's exciting yet frightning all at once!
    Kaz
    After 6 failed IUI cycles, we moved on to IVF and got our first BFP!
    Our twins were born 06/06/07 at 37.5wks

2. Advertisement

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kaz

We went through IVF after everything else didn't work.

Depending on what you already went through, IVF isn't much of a leap. The most painful part for me was the retrieving of the eggs. My mom was with me and I was not aware of my surroundings, but she said I kept saying OW, That hurts.

They videotaped everything they did so I saw how they did the retrieval and then I saw how the sperm and the eggs met in the lab, saw the progression as to how they got in the egg and how it grew. Then the video of the dr putting the 3 back into me.

I did a LOT of visualization...TONS..I kept visualizing everything that was happening. I visualized 10 eggs being retrieved, then 7 of them fertilizing, then 3 of them being put back in me and then them attaching. I have pix of the 3 they put back in me, too. I would look at them every night and picture them taking hold

And something worked. I ate yams beforehand (supposed to increase fertility) and pineapple afterwards and they ended up retrieving 19, fertilizing 17, and 10 made it to acceptable embryo stage. 3 were put in me and 1 stuck and I have a beautiful baby girl (who is sleeping right now)

The cool thing about IVF is you get really early U/S...and if you're OLD (like me) then you get TONS of u/s and some of them are very high quality.

GOod luck to you! KEep us posted!

Amy

kazzil
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing wintak. I can only hope I have the same response as you!! So does that mean you have some frozen embryo's in case you want to try another transfer? I'm going to ask my RE about what we can tape as well - it would be great to keep.

Oh and wintak, hope you saw me waving from the window of the Denver airport Friday. We missed our plane and had a long wait for the next one!
    Kaz

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    OH MAN...I would have liked to met you guys...but I knew you were literally flying in and out..bummer. no, I must have missed you waving..BIG BUMMER

I have 7 on ice, and yes, I would love to try. I've heard FET are WAY easier on you than the IVF and if I made it through the IVF, I can make it through almost anything. I would love another boy or b/g twins. I do feel bad that DS is the only male

Amy

hkaleiwahea
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there!

I have to say that I have done both, the IVF and the FET. The FET was definitely less stressful and the hormone load was much easier to bear.

We did the IVF after 18 unsuccessful IUI's with various treatments over 18 months. I didn't take even 1 break from fertility and the 19th month was the one for us!!

My IVF went REALLY well!! They retrieved 30, 28 fertilized, 19 made it to blast and we put back 3. We froze 5 of them that we used last October and got a BFN on out FET.

I was so positive that the IVF would work. I started the Fertility Diet when I started my hormones, I ate all kinds of things that are supposed to work, I stayed on bedrest afterward for a full 5 days. Not even a shower in there!! I kept closing my eyes and visualizing the puffiest, softest cloud you could ever think of and babies falling snuggly into it. If someone told me it would help, I did it. I would have done anything they told me to. The injections and hormones did make me crazy but a small price to pay. I didn't see all the neat stuff WINTAK saw.

I'm not sure what worked. You know, they say the success rate for that kind of stuff is 50/50. I personally think it's just whether it's your time or not. If they knew for sure how to successfully get everyone pregnant, there wouldn't be this board.

Hope your journey is a pleasant one!!
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to Hayden 4 years old!!

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heather

SO you did some visualization, too. Maybe we're on to something. :-) But the power of the brain is more powerful than anyone realizes, right?

Amy

hkaleiwahea
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya!! Maybe we should write a book about IVF and visualizations and make a million dollars

How's the monkeys!?
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to Hayden 4 years old

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow..a million dollars split 50/50...that's 500,000....man o man do you know how much that would help?

Thing is...we COULD write a book and we COULD most likely sell some serious copies.!

Monkeys are now 1 and 3.5 years old. I'm not liking the 18-??/ mos old boys. Man has this been rough with whines and tantrums. People tell me he'll mellow when puberty hits. I hope their right

LOVE the baby...LOVE the girl part...LOVE that she will play by herself...LOVE that she's getting strong enough and big enough that she can yank her hand away from her brother when he's bugging her.

And I got a glimpse of the future. DS was in the bathroom and put his toy watch on the floor outside the bathroom. DD teetered over, picked up the watch, teetered over to the trash, lifted the lid, promptly dropped the watch in the trash, shut the lid and teetered off. I was laughing so hard. A sign of times to come? Most likely!

Amy

kazzil
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK if we're talking about cashing in on the visualisation, then I'd like to join in lol. After all, I did start the thread where you came up with the idea :P
    Kaz

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, kaz...you started the thread....if you can get a publisher to PUBLISH the book, then I think we could cut you in a little.

Amy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast