FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Spotters Anonymous - Wintak Help Me Out!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Spotters Anonymous - Wintak Help Me Out!

OK - this is testing my nerves. I'm back at it w/ light brown staining for the past 4 days, then a couple really dark brown spots about the size of quarters last night.

M/W says - could be normal - could be the start of something nasty. I have an u/s booked Friday (the nuchal) which I was going to cancel - but I think I'm going to go have a look anyway. This is driving me insane. She said she wants to hear from ASAP if I get cramping or bright bleeding. Fingers crossed there's none of that. Yech.

Wintak - tell me your story again and make me feel better.

2. Advertisement

kazzil
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking to a colleage just the other day who said that throughout all her pregnancies, she had spotting around the time AF would have been due up until well into the 2nd trimester. I just thought I'd mention it since we used to cycle about the same time, and it would have been AF time if you weren't pregnant!

Fingers crossed it is nothing to worry about!!
    Kaz
    After 6 failed IUI cycles, we moved on to IVF and got our first BFP!
    Our twins were born 06/06/07 at 37.5wks

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once upon a time...

Ok, that's not it. I bled on and off from 4 weeks and I had my nuchal at 12 weeks and THEN I bled brightly and not so brightly for up to 15 weeks. By 15 weeks it had stopped.

I am now feeding my beautiful baby girl who will be 1 next week.

Patience and anything you can do to take your mind off things. Brown blood is still ok...I know it's hard...trust me.

Amy

Frieda
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had brown bleeding (quite a bit) for three days at 15 weeks.I had an ultrasound and everything was fine. My twins just turned three last week. It is hard not to feel scared but about half the people I know had some bleeding during their pregnancy.
    micki

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks girls - this helps.

I'm right at 12 weeks now - and the staining is still there - but if anything has gotten lighter (fingers crossed). This all coincides with going off the progesterone as well - I had a pretty decent bleed at 8 weeks (exactly when my period would have normally been due) so I'm half bracing myself for that again. Wondering now if it was hormonal bleeding.

I have a nuchal booked for tomorrow - which I was initially going to cancel (had pretty much decided that termination was not an option for me) - but we're going now. The m/w says an u/s is an u/s and just tell them you don't want all the nuchal measurements done - just have a peek for viability.

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the nuchal done. It was a little invasive for me, since little one wasn't cooperating on angles. I had it done transvaginally...they tried regular u/s first though.

That's as far as I went, too. No amnio, no other tests. Termination wasn't an option for us, either. I went through so much to get pg, we weren't going to cancel the pg just because there was something wrong.

Amy

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Something being "wrong" is a personal call too - everyone has to decide for themselves. I am just waaaay to responsible for this little person's existence to qualify it.

Anyway - if the u/s has to go transvaginal to get nuchal readings - it won't happen. I just want to get a look for the bleed and the baby to see if things are OK. NOTHING is going up there that might cause more spotting. Nooooo way!

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    PHEW!

Two arms, 2 legs, 10 digits on each - and a great heart beat (172).

Its all good - and no bleed left to be found!

Murphy's Law - just as I really started to hit the panic button - all bleeding and spotting stopped. Must just have been the tail end of it, bc it wasn't coming from the uterus.

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    OH GREAT! I'm so happy that he/she looks so good! That's got to put your mind at ease, right?

Got a sex of the baby yet? Or were you going to wait?

High heartbeat is sometimes indicative of a girl. Wives tale that happened to be true for me.

Amy

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It did put my mind at ease - I was all teary the second the tech said "yep - the baby has a heartbeat" and had to get hold of myself. No explnation for the spotting - the bleed in the uterus was completely gone - and it didn't look like there had been any. So - its either my cervix, or the tail end of the SCH which can't be seen.

I had to remind myself to watch the rest of the show! DP was with me and kept an eye on what I missed. No sex yet - and I'll be stuck with guessing - DP is adamant that we wait. I'll keep twisting her arm though.

Girls are great! I'll take what I get! (It is an old wives tale - but we should probably talk girls names - we have only agreed on boys!!)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast