FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
And I'm gonna suck up another thread..more family issues

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm gonna suck up another thread..more family issues

Soooooo...DP tells older bro (and family) that we will be out there way end of July, beginning of Aug and if they'd like to see the kids (whom they have NEVER seen) then come on up, crash in our room if you like, or there are camping grounds.

SIL says YEAH, WE WOULD LOVE TO COME SEE YOU GUYS

WOw, I say...interesting response from a woman who we understand is homophobic.

So..fast forward 2 weeks. DP calls older bro again...well, SIL has a baby shower to attend to that weekend so IF anyone comes it will be just her bro and HIS son...not the daughter.

My question is....baby shower vs seeing your neice and nephew for the first time, one of whom is 3.5 years old and the other who will be 1 year old very soon.

And she chooses the baby shower AND for some reason the daughter is not even being mentioned as possibly coming...

And no, DP's parents can't seem to find the time to come out and see their granddaughter...even for her 1st birthday.

Can I disown them? Or can I call them all and tell them what freaking SELFISH people they all are?

Or do I just sit quiet and smile and post here.

Yes everyone, that is a rhetorical question :-0

Amy

2. Advertisement

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A baby shower over your own family? Geez... you don't need to go to a shower you can always send a present or if it's a friend go by for a short visit after the baby is born to bring a gift. A visit with your neice and nephew is much more important. Can you just all go over their and visit? Say "Hey I thought you'd like to meet your anut and uncle!" JK.... sounds like they are being very selfish!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ARRGHHH - oh Amy - I am so sorry you have to deal with this nonsense!! My brother was not very attentive when dd was born - after I lavished attention when his kids were born 25 and 26 years ago. Anyway - now that Mia is 6 - all of a sudden it is like he discovered her! Somehow between the gay thing and the adoption thing and the selfish thing - families can be very cruel. I guess my only comment is - its their loss! And in the meantime surround yourselves with the people who love you and them!!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

ANGIE271
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    They will be the ones that will regret this later on. Your kids will remember that. It may be too late for them when they realize they need to meet and spend time with the kids. It is totally their loss. You may feel like telling them exactly how you feel but if it would come from your DP it would really sink in with them.