FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Just gotta gripe (again)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Just gotta gripe (again)

So...I hate DP's job...have I mentioned that before? I HATE IT! In all fairness, I told her NOT to take this job in Nov, they lowballed her on salary but then she talked to Daddy and he convinced her to take the job (and by the way, I wish you had married a man...THAT is getting old)

So since November, she's been MISERABLE

And now...she's being sent away on business for three weeks starting Aug 12 (or thereabouts). Fine, I'm not pleased but it's gotta be done.

WHY am I upset...DD's FIRST birthday is 8/18.....so she'll be gone for the 1st birthday.

CRAP!

Amy

2. Advertisement

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nooooo! First b-days are not to be missed! Is there any way she can go a week later?

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently not. Ugh. This is just piss poor timing. We're having issues with DS, DD will be one....really not a great time to go....UGH

Amy

Climbinchic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    What does she do anyway?

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Insurance adjuster...AND she just got an offer for a new job..which means she does NOT have to go away (because it'll be in her two weeks notice) so we'll be together after all!

Downside is she'll be gone 3 weeks out of every month. Ugh

Amy

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Have a small celebration, perhaps just family for DD's birthday on her "actual" birthday then when DP gets back your could have a BIG birthday celebration September 3rd. The baby isn't going to know what day it is and you will solve the problem. I know with DS birthday being on King's Day it is the start of carnival season and we often went out to a big ball. So we would do something special during the day then have his party weeks later. Of course now he is 5 1/2 and knows what month, day, and year he was born. I hope your DP is receptive to the idea of 2 birthdays... one small while she is gone and then a big celebration when she gets back.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)