FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Know any illustrators?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Know any illustrators?

There was a thread on the over 35 board that reminded me of a poem I had written a couple of years ago that I hoped to turn into a children's story - but never could find an illustrator - got any ideas?

Poem attached - I think Wintak and I are the only ones here with Guatlings - but please take a peek anyway.
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

2. Advertisement

undertherainbow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy,

I do not know an illustrator, but I believe this is well written. And, an illustrator would be helpful, but you could take it to a publisher as is and see if the publisher knows of an illustrator. Even search the web.

Excellent and warm and touching. And what does your daughter think of her story?

I was not as poetic, but did write a story book for Caileigh. I'm not an illustrator so I used photo's and computer art work to complete the layout. And Caieligh loves going through her storybook - a book of finding Caileigh.

Best wishes for your book
    Bonnie

kazzil
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't access it. It keeps saying

kazzil, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I don't know how to fix it!! Sorry wish I could see it

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    it's a great poem!! i like it a lot....sorry i don't know any illustrators though...
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I know some local illustrators here in our city. I have several of their books... Cajun themed and then the other is a bunch of poems. It's not like we are best friends though... But it sure would be easier to contact a local illustrator than some "big whig" one!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzil
    I can't access it. It keeps saying

kazzil, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I don't know how to fix it!! Sorry wish I could see it
    Try it now!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-MAV
    I know some local illustrators here in our city. I have several of their books... Cajun themed and then the other is a bunch of poems. It's not like we are best friends though... But it sure would be easier to contact a local illustrator than some "big whig" one!
    Oh yeah - I absolutely agree! I was totally thinking of someone local who would just be doing it to provide a resource to parents who would like this kind of a book to begin to tell their story to young children. Do you think the illustrators that you know would be supportive of the project?
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    One is a local children's author and illustrator who used to teach children's literature classes at 2 different colleges in our city. The other person was in city government and when he retired he started writing books with children's poems in them and illustrating them because his DD had to memorize poems for school and there weren't any good books with poems. Both illustrators are married and not same gender so I don't think they would be supportive? I think going to the same gender community or looking on the web would be good. What about illustrators that have already written books and illustrated ones like ya'll described? What about a local art student? How difficult could it be to illustrate a children's book? We all had to write and illustrate a children's book in the classes I took at college.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

kazzil
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-AmyP
    Try it now!
    I did and it works. Thanks heaps!!!!!!
    And the poem is lovely. It gave me goosebumps
    I hope you find an illustrator!