FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Had to go to hospital, no issues with DP!!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Had to go to hospital, no issues with DP!!

Hello

Last night we had to bring the baby (6 months old) to the hospital. SHe's got a virus and was severly dehydrated from pooping and vomiting (all which I was getting to clean up a couple times an hour, then ds would pee his pants, so I had ALL orifices to clean)

We had never been to this particular hospital and it was a childrens hospital. I am PLEASED to announce there were NO issues with the parental rights and visitation etc. I didn't know if they'd let DP go in but no one even asked. Maybe peds is different? in that they don't ask relationships?

The dr's would ask who was the mom just so they would know who to talk to, and I would say we both are and they would then talk to both of us! I think one of the staff was confused, but most got it.

WHat a relief it was! I really wasn't in the frame of mind to have to deal with who can and cannot see the baby.

We did get to bring her home last night (aka early this morning)> WE have to watch her carefully and I've got MORE detailing to do, as in how many oz go in and what comes out.

Man, this is a nasty virus!!

Just wanted to share that. ANd does anyone know if peds is different than regular hospital? I mean they do take you faster in peds and they tend to you a bit faster...ESPECIALLY if you have the loudest screaming baby (which we did at times!!)

Amy

2. Advertisement

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh i really hope she is feeling better!!!! and I'm so glad you didn't have to deal with any unneeded issues! I'm not sure about the peds vs regular hospital, but I would hope they would tend to you quicker since children don't understand why they are waiting when they're not feeling well.
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh yuck!!

I hope she is feeling better - excellent that all was good with the two moms bit - we have found that to be the norm in pretty much every situation we have been in
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you're all feeling better...And hope that the moms stay healthy!

I live in San Francisco....so the medical personnel are very used to same gender families...no problems...Glad that there were no issues for you all either.

Didi

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being in Denver you never know what you're going to run into. SOmetimes you run into snags!

I guess I always expect the worst so I'm pleasantly surprised when it goes easier than I thought!

Amy

mommytojaelynn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope your little one is feeling better! I live in PA, so we can come across some pretty close-minded people, however our DD was hospitalized in January, and the staff in the hospital was great, no questions asked, no weird glances, etc...

Glad you had an easy time, especially when your little one was so sick!
    Mommy to

J 1/2/04

J 11/3/06 Both conceived after multiple IUI's
    ~Michelle~
    TTC #3 1st IVF ER 12/1/09

undertherainbow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the little one is feeling better soon