FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Update

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    undertherainbow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Update

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure but think I will be taking a leave from this board for awhile. I will be back to lend support, but I might just take some time. As, today, I signed the papers to donate my embryo to research.

the range of emotions well are a range. my brain and logic kicks in with it being a "right" choice for me. my heart feels a loss and a closing of the infertility door. Numb and just being with my actions of today. overall I believe I made a wise choice for myself, it is just not the easiest.

all the best to everyone
    Bonnie

2. Advertisement

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I can only imagine what you are feeling.

I hope you join us a gain soon!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Bonnie

I'm sorry you are having a hard time, but at least the decision has been made so you don't have to worry about it anymore! Be at peace with your decision and come back and join us when you feel able. After all, we're not all going through PG or IVF on this particular board...lots of other topics going on as well

BIG HUGS

Amy

undertherainbow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the support

Hi, thanks, I'm doing well. The first couple of days were sad. but, you know I had really really thought about my choices and options and weighed out the various possibilities. So, now, I'm doing okay. And, in a weird way it was a relief. Having that embryo sit there, for me, was haunting, seeing what others have gone through was scary, and the thought of returning to another round of ivf well, unnerving.

I felt sadness inthe goodbye to the possibility of that embryo and felt a good bye/sadness in the walking away from infertility treatments. What this has done is allowed me to live the life I have and be happy for it. I was very lucky to have my daughter and now I am looking forward to just being with her and being present for every moment.

all the best to everyone

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are here for you if you need, but we understand you needing to take the time away. Come back when ready, and don't ever second guess your decision. It sounds like you made the best choice for yourself. Take care...
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bonnie,

Again, I so understand all that you are going through. I'm sure I'll be there myself, one of these days. My pregnancy started as a triplet pregnancy and I had to reduce due to medical reasons.That was the most difficult and painful experience that I have had go through. It was my son that got me through the pain and I am sure that he will be the guiding force for my healing when I have to make a final decision about my embryos.
    It sounds like the healing process is progressing well for you. Hang in there and stop by when you are feeling up to it!

Didi