FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
More L Word commentary....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

More L Word commentary....

O.K. gals, who watched this week? The show seems to be slipping from contrived and a bit artificial to down right bizarre. It's still enteraining though.
    Who can explain how the strange (and for some, perhaps offensive) lesbian nun scene fit with the rest of the story? Are they introducing a new story line? I didn't get it...but I always multitask when watching so maybe I missed something. It was hot though!! I also didn't get the ending computer sex scene of last week...

What did the rest of you think?

Didi

P.S. I think that this could be an ongoing thread?....

2. Advertisement

hkilleen
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya. I agree! I didn't get the Nun thing either. Too bad all the gals were a little critical and hard on Moya...I felt bad for her AND the two with the baby, I can't remember the names yet, how did they get pregnant? Was she in a relationship with Helen before? The dark haired one seemed a little jealous and upset that she was taking a job with her. Hmmm? Those two are bound to split up. Way too much resentment in that relationship!!

Heather
    Last edited by hkilleen; 01-27-2006 at 10:55 AM.
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to 18 month old Hayden!
    TTC #2 July 2004...our first FET

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heather

I haven't seen it this season, we have to wait until it comes on DVD before we can catch up, BUT...Bette and Tina had a baby at the end of last season. If that's the baby you are talking about, it was one of Bette's male friends (who happens to be black, which is 1/2 of Bette's ethniticity) who donated. The first attempt failed, but Tina attempted again, w/o Bette knowing and it worked.

And Bette and Helen...yup, they were together physically, although I don't think Bette was there emotionally. UNLESS you are talking about someone else, in that case...this won't make sense.

Amy

Janere
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the nun scene was weird. Hot, but weird..it didn't tie in. I think the whole Alice situation is bizarre, and poor Moira doesn't seem to have a chance. Tina and Bette are freaky with their whole parenting style. The only thing about the show that seems normal is Shane and Carmen.

Oh...and WHO was on the computer at the end? I guess I looked away at just the right time and didn't see a face.

Janere
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to comment on something from the other L Word thread about the show not portraying "real" life mom stuff. It's because it doesn't make for good entertainment. Showing them wiping noses and being spit up on doesn't make for good ratings. LOL

A friend of mine got so upset at the show because it wasn't more realistic. I told her that people didn't want to watch "normal everyday lesbian stories" because it's mostly un-dramatic. I had to remind her that the show isn't meant to portray "real life" it's drama, it's entertainment, it's a TV show with real undertones. LOL

Anyway..that's all. I like the show, but am finding some things a little odd, and I feel the stories are moving a bit too slow. I'll keep watching though.

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...so the nun thing...this is what I have noticed, and so far I have seen every show. Each week there is a clip at the beginning of the show. It usually has nothing to do with the storyline itself...or if it does, it is something really subtle. This one, I believe was tied in in the scene where Tina is with Helena on the film set looking around. You will notice in the background there are nuns walking around. I took it as that the first scene was probably a clip from one of the movies produced there. That is just my opinion. Usually I can find some way the scenes tie in but not always. Sometimes they are more obvious than others.

Then about the Bette, Tina, Helena trio...it was actually Tina (blonde) and Helena that were together. This was while Bette and Tina were split up and Tina was pregnant at that time. Because Tina and Bette had broken up for some time, Bette did not even know that Tina was pregnant for most of the pregnancy, then they got back together at the end of the pregnancy, just before Angelica was born.

Janere...it was Tina at the end of that show on the computer. I am really confused about this one...

And can I just say, that I love Shane and Carmen together! They are too cute (and I would say hot at the same time). The scene with Shane in the dress and extensions was great!
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

ANGIE271
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have seen all the shows so far except I fell asleep for most of last weeks episode.

The scenes at the beginning do tie in eventually to the show. When Dana came out to her parents it was either that show or the next that started off with her mom at a young age involved in a sexual encounter with another woman.

I like the show but I agree it does not portray the typical lesbian lifestyle. But I also know that most people would not sit up to watch my life on TV!! I am looking forward to the next episode tomorrow night.