FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    schneids
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I am completely new to this board, so i just thought that i would say hello. My partner and I have been trying for a year and a half and it has been an emotional rollercoaster.

Hello to all!

Nancy

2. Advertisement

hkilleen
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nancy and welcome!! Sorry to hear that you and your DP are having a rough go of it. I know how that can be. We tried for just over 1 year when I got pregnant withh our 3 year old son with our 1st IVF. We just started trying for #2 and had a BFN on our first FET in October. We are waiting it out through the holidays, they are so busy with a toddler around, and starting up again in January. Hopefully your next cycle will be good luck!!

What is your treatment and diagnosis?
    Take care!
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to Hayden 3 years old!!
    FET #1=BFN waiting till 1/06 to start up again for #2
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to 18 month old Hayden!
    TTC #2 July 2004...our first FET

schneids
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Heather--

We have been doing IUI's all along. I had the endometriosis surgery a few months ago and still no luck since the surgery. We are considering taking the next step to IVF, but are just unsure of the whole process. Glad to hear that it worked for you guys!

Nancy

schneids
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    by the way--what is FET? I had assumed embryo transfer, but could not figure out what the F stood for. Sorry for my stupidity.

hkilleen
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frozen Embryo Transfer
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to 18 month old Hayden!
    TTC #2 July 2004...our first FET

ANGIE271
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck Nancy! We just tried our 4th IUI this past Saturday. We are looking at some more serious stuff if this time does not take. We are paying it all on our own. My insurance does not cover the process so we are hoping the IUI will work without moving to IVF. I hope that will work for you. It seems like your odds are much better with IVF.

It is an emotional rollercoaster. Each time seems to be much harder. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Angie

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Nancy and welcome to the board! You'll find a good bunch of women here most of whom (well I think all except me) have been through all phases of fertility stuff.

I only tried to get pregnant once and immediately found out that I needed a hysterectomomy - I was getting close to my mid 40's and the whole thing would have been a bit of a long shot anyway. So we went the adoption route a couple of years later which turned out just great!

Good luck with your journey!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

undertherainbow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Nancy

I started with IUI's but I was approaching 40 and had stage 4 endometriosis. My dr recommended 4 IUI's before IVF, so, I gave up after 3 IUI's and requested the IVF. Which was pretty slim pickings with the number of eggs at time of transfer I only had 3 embryos surviving. I used 2 and froze one. I have a beautiful daughter.

My Doc. had said endo.. is very tricky and IVF seems to work the best on endometriosis. A year and a half is a good amount of time, if comparing to fertility info... some people are not treated until they have tried to get pregnant for 2 years.

I had to pay for the ivf except for 600.00 of drugs. Well worth the investment, but it would have been devasting had it not worked.

Best of luck

Eskie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome we are here to help smooth out the roller coaster by sharing.

DP and I are currently expecting our second IUI child in Jan
    Our first is 4 years old.
    DD - Dec 19, 2001

schneids
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your help, everyone. All of this is a huge mess. We are still trying to figure out if it is time to try with IVF or something else. Our insurance is almost running out, so we have no idea how or what to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast