FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Where the heck is everyone?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    hkilleen
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Where the heck is everyone?

Hi girls! How was your Halloween? Hayden had a GREAT party on Saturday. Then Sunday he had been asking to go to the Zoo so we spent the day there and Monday, of course, we went Trick Or Treating with his cousins and he had a BLAST!! It didn't take him long to figure out that knocking and saying those magical words would deliver candy!! He loved it!!

It was good to stay busy. Loni had Monday off work too so it was nice for us to all have a long weekend together. Yesterday was a little of a bummer. I started looking at charting and home insemination stuff. It just seems so hopeless. I remember the IUI's we did before the IVF that I got pregnant with and all those negatives each month. I just don't know if I can do it. I really was much more upset about the FET not working than I had imagined. I'm not sure if some of it is the hormones that are still lingering. I guess the home insemination stuff would be pretty low key and not all those people would know about it and there would be less pressure. Then again, it's not very aggressive fertility stuff and I was REALLY aggressive getting pregnant with Hayden. When I want something, I want it yesterday and I jumped right onto the IVF thing. So. I just don't know. I keep leaning toward focusing my attention to adoption. I have always wanted to adopt a child but not spend that un godly amount of money!! I know that sounds bad. I just can't afford it but desperately want a sibling for Hayden and another child in our home. I just think it's a better more promising way for us to lean right now but I don't think Loni is on that same band wagon. She works in the Juvenile Court here and one of her long time buddies is the head of adoptions for the legally free/foster kids. I know she would help us. I keep talking about it and Loni doesn't really say much. Just answers my questions and starts talking about medical insurance that we should get for me that covers fertility treatments. I'm kind of at a loss. I want a baby, I want to be pregnant but I don't want to wait and I don't want any more negative betas. I want to adopt a baby but we can't afford to spend $20,000.00 to do it and Loni is convinced that all of the legally free kids are from crack hoe mothers and will have developmental delays.

Oh. What to do!!
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to Hayden 3 years old!
    Last edited by hkilleen; 11-02-2005 at 04:37 PM.
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to 18 month old Hayden!
    TTC #2 July 2004...our first FET

2. Advertisement

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was travelling on business on Halloween and didn't get home until 8PM so I missed almost the whole thing

But I did see her in her costume because we had a little party at our house on Saturday - she was about the cutest cat you have ever seen, and got home in time to see her standing on the porch with Leah and our upstairs neighbors handing out candy - she was in her pajamas and having the best time!

Glad you and Hayden had a blast!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

undertherainbow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Caileigh enjoyed Halloween as a little froggy. We only went to a handful of houses .... as it was cool but she really didn't get the whole concept.

And, just a note Heather, I would be exactly were you are. I would be torn between the adoption (the cost), the not wanting to deal with the rollercoaster of neg. betas, and ... well... It is just a darn hard place to be. I have been a protection worker and there are many babies from crack, but there are other babies as well. The key would be to ensure that if you went that route, to try and adopt a baby who has not had lots of foster homes or various types of placements - especially under the 6 month age. Then again, I have seen a lot of great children succeed through the dedication and love of committed parents.

Well, as for us, we are getting ready for Caileigh's 2nd birthday. She is doing well at the new day care. Today I had to convince her to come home with me. I'm experiencing some trouble getting her to sleep these days and I started bringing her into my bed in the middle of the night (as I'm getting lazy). Since this daycare fiasco, I feel like I"m running behind on everything. Getting really tired and on some days feeling a little overwhelmed with being a single mom. Well, Tired. But, that little angel is just so captivating!

Any time for me to get some sleep.

Take care

Eskie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Halloween was great - we are struggling with long work hours and getting ready for baby. DP is working alot and we are going to a dr appointment tomorrow

Keeping fingers crossed that everyone is healthy
    DD - Dec 19, 2001