FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
It's been a long time

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Frieda
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a long time

Hi!
    I used to come to this baord almost seven years ago and than a couple of times about three years ago.
    My partner and I started ttc nine years into our relationship and it took two years, 15 donor ICI's and three Clomid rounds to get pregnant with our son. He is now five and will start kindergarten next week. We started trying for #2 when he was two and it took two rounds of Clomid ICI, seven injectable cycles and a final last-try-ever-before-throwing-the-towel in-vitro to have twin girls. They just turned two. The first year with twins and a preschooler was rough (especially since we had no family close by) but now I feel more in the swing of things. I still have days where I go batty though. But it is a huge relief to be done with fertility treatments, even if we wanted more kids I could not do it again. Not so much the injections, financial worries and crazy hormones but the way infertility just highject my life. With twins now sometimes mother's on the playground make remarks like 'you and your husband must be fertile' and I have to bite my tongue from saying 'Actually very very much the opporsite'
    We moved from the midwest (where we had several wonderful friends) to Seattle this summer. Though it's a great city I feel a little isolated right now. Our son will be the only GLBT family kid in his elementary school as far as we could find out.

Wishing the best of luck to all of you
    Frieda

2. Advertisement

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear your story! Good luck with everything in Seattle. DP and I live in the midwest, and as far as I know our DS is the only in his class too and that's the way it's been (he's in 2nd grade now), but we have had absolutely no problems.

A little about our journey. DP and I met about 3 years ago when DS (my DP's bio child) was 5. A year ago June we started TTC. We did 3 clomid/iui cycles with my OB, and then was sent to an RE...turns out I have PCOS and was not ovulating! I had to go through lots of testing, a canceled cycle in January due to poor monitoring, a canceled cycle Feb/March due to cysts, to finally complete my first IUI with RE in April and get a BFP! I am currently 21w4d pregnant with a little boy! I'm due Jan 10, 2006. We are all so very excited, and DS cannot wait to have a little brother to teach things to.

Thank you for the well wishes and I am sending them right back to you,
    Gwen
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

hkilleen
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Frieda!!

My partnet Loni and I have a 3 year old son from our first IVF....after 18 iui's with Clomid and injections

We are currently planning a FET for October for #2. We are excited but a little nervous!! Mostly I'm nervous.

Anyway, I saw that you re-located to Seattle Washington. We live in Puyallup Washington. I'm not sure where you are exactly but we're probably not much more than 40 minutes away from you. We head up to Northgat monthly for Loni to get her hair done and then we go to the zoo with our son. He adores animals!! Anyway, maybe sometime we can meet up and the kids can play. I know it must be hard moving and not knowing any couples. Though we are not just around the corner and our kids would never be in the same schools, it might be fun to meet.

Let me know!
    You can email me at hkaleiwahea@comcast.net
    Take care!
    heather
    Heather
    Proud SAHM to 18 month old Hayden!
    TTC #2 July 2004...our first FET

Eskie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back --

DP and I are currently in the midwest and trying to plan a relocation in 2006 (can't really decide where we want to live - just want to complete the adoption which can't be done here). We have a DD who will be 4 in Dec and #2 due in Jan. DD is my bio and #2 is being carried by DP.
    DD - Dec 19, 2001