FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Undertherainbow says hi

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Caileigh's Mom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Undertherainbow says hi

Hello, this is Undertherainbow. I don't know if you folks will remember me I joined in 2002 during IVF. I decided to browse tonight and saw all your names, Didi, Eskie HKilleen. Thank you so much for all your support back then.

My daughter is now 20 months old as of July 17th. Her Name is Caileigh she has amazing red hair, blue eyes and a personality that just won't quit.

I'm still single and for the most part really enjoying single parenting. The biggest downfall is in those moments of perfection when there is no one to share in the awe. And then many friends who never experienced infertility, just don't seem to understand my enthusiasm of everyday joy and appreciation of this gift.

Well, I'm so glad this site still going last time I checked (a year ago or so) I thought it was closing down.

How is everyone else?
    Caileigh's Mom

2. Advertisement

Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Caileigh's Mom,

Congrats on your daughter. 20 months! Wow, my son is 23 months...have you had any terrible two moments? I think that there might be more of them with a boy. My little guy is sooo darn stubborn and strong! I'm so glad that you are doing so well.
    As for the board, I saw that it was close to ending and decided to become a moderator and bring it back to life. I owe so much to the and other board on fertile thoughts and think that this board in particular needs to continue.
    Please keep posting when you have a chance!

Didi

Caileigh's Mom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Didi;

Well hi there,

I remember Benjamin. But I thought you were more than 3 months ahead of me. How did your diabetes turn out? Mine took awhile to go away, but is gone.

So terrible two's..... I have a red head so, yup I have a couple of things. But in all honesty, not bad at all. Last week she was into bitting me and pinching. I remained consistent in my approach and this week she has only tried to bite once.

Caileigh has little tantrums - right now very containable. When she is told no, or wants to be picked up "now", or leaving the park. She gently puts herself on the ground, hits the ground a tiny bit and cries. I wait a couple of moments then say "Are you ready for your hug now" and she comes forgetting what she wanted to begin with. However, I remain fairly consistent with my original no.

Of course the "mine" stage is here - everything is "mine". I'm terrible with this as I play the game of Mine with her and she thinks it is funny. I'm sure day isn't too pleased!

As for stubborn and strong well that she is. Strong wise, she is over the 100 percentile in heigth so a bit big for her age. Makes for a very agile and strong little one. Her stubborn trait comes out in her defiant independence and in her clever determination. She will be very determined and creative to get what she wants. Like open the dishwasher door and stand on the door to get to climb on the counter to retrieve what she wasn't suppose to have!

What keeps everything manageable is that she has a wonderful happy disposition. Busy but happy for most of the time.

Well, I can go on and on.

How is Benjamin... what are your terrible two's experiences? Did you read that book "happiest toddler onthe block"? Some of it is okay - some well ...

Take care
    Caileigh's mom