FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Weekly Check In

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Weekly Check In

Hi all,

School is out for summer!!! Woohoo! Good for us teachers....not so good for parents, but I'm thrilled to have more time with my little one.

So what's new with you all? Any new baby news? Amy when is the exact date for the move?

FYI, some interesting posts on the debate board about civil unions and gay/lesbian adoption. The posts were positive for the most part, thought some were down right insulting. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Didi

2. Advertisement

Eskie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are enjoying our summer -- the local pool is open and we are spending most nights swimming. No A/C at our house so the pool is a great walk and fun to relax.

We are hoping to hit a mini water park this weekend.

DD is being a super swimmer - loves the water slides and swimming in the pool. She is trying hard to get moving by herself and can't wait for me to let her go.

DP is coping with very long hours at work and the first trimester - what a struggle - it will continue until August so we are battling to get through it.
    Oh I should correct my previous statement we did just put in a window A/c unit for DP to cope with the heat and m/s. Although DD and I stay out of that room.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I am focusing on surviving and staying on my WW program - as of last week I have managed to loose 45lbs and still working on it. Go me.....
    DD - Dec 19, 2001

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Everything is good here - 2 weeks to go!! I have absolutely no idea if Mia understands what is going on - i.e. that we are leaving Oz for good! She is very interested in what her new kindergarten teacher's name is - so I think that's a good sign. I continue to be very anxious about how she will deal with the transition - although when I am in sensible mode I am pretty sure she will be just fine. I'm going to miss the school uniform though - it makes weekday mornings very easy!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

Eskie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree - I loved wearing the uniform when I lived in Oz - during high school

No worries about what you were going to wear -- only concerned if it wasn't clean

Good luck on the transition. Are you going back to MA?
    DD - Dec 19, 2001