FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Question of the week - male role models

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question of the week - male role models

As we start thinking of returning to our "normal" lives in the US.. We have been thinking about how to get a consistent male role model into Mia's life. Not just incidentally - but someone who would actively develop a special realtionship with Mia.

Are any of you thinking about that? Do you think its important? How structured are you trying to be?

Looking forward to your responses!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

2. Advertisement

ourFamily
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amy

We have Mandi's brother that is the best role model one could ask for. He is a wonderful man, He is a man's man but then very sensitive and loving. He absolutely adores Gatton. His wife gave birth to their first daughter on Sat so now he also will understand Gatton from a father's eyes. ya know?
    He visits Gatton about 4 or more times a week. His work is located about 5 blocks from where we live so for lunch hours and anytime he can find he is over at the house with Gatton during the day. (he is a supervisor of a cable company and he gets away from the office A LOT. )

I think it is important for children to have role models and adults in their lives of both gender and ages. I believe it helps them become well rounded adults.

Becca
    Mommy to Gatton 9/20/04
    ttc#2

BC-NanceLee
    is the chirpy moderator of the Over 35 Board
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Oh man, I saw this post title on "View New Posts" and clicked it because I thought it read "Question of the week - Male Models"

Never mind, I'll slink away quietly now...
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

Me fifty-freakin' eight! DH 38, Max 25, Cole 20
    The only choice in life is love vs. fear. I choose love. ALWAYS.

Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. - Unknown

Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a number of male role models for Benji. Some are older and may not be around to see him become a man. His great uncle is very involved and adores him. He sees him around twice a month. My partner's nephews and brother in law also feel a strong connection to him. We also have a number of gay male friends.
    I guess in a nut shell we don't have a single man in the "fathering" role, but a number of male adults who serve as role models. I am thinking that as he grows older that he will connect with one special man...at least I hope so. He really does seem to know the difference between men and women already and he does connect with men in a different way...it's interesting.
    Well, I'm rambling...it's a good question.

Didi