FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Hi all

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all

Hi everyone

Just now found this section of FT. I have been looking for same sex boards, just never looked far enough down the main menu.

Is this an active board?

Amy

2. Advertisement

Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amy and welcome!

We are trying to make this board more active. It is a bit hidden.
    Where are you in the ttc process?
    I have a 19 month old through a embryo donation cycle, but was on this board for a long time before my boy came along. It was a huge support!

Well, again welcome! Spread the word about this board!!!

Didi

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is indeed hidden!

We adopted a little boy from Guatemala and he came home to us in Dec '03 and is just 2 years old now.

While we were doing that, we had been trying to get me pregnant, trying with the least invasive procedures first.

And that took several years and ended up with IVF with anonymous donor but I am pregnant, due in August.

And I'm OLD (38) so I have the high risk dr's to go to BUT the up side is I get all kinds of ultrasounds so I have pix from 6w3d pregnant and then every couple weeks since then! We found out last week we are having a GIRL!

To me, this is the perfect family...an older brother to watch over a younger sister! Plus I get to see if raising a girl is different than a boy. I'm finding out boys WHINE constantly!

Anyway...glad to see this board exists.

Are there just 2 or three people on this board?

Amy

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Amy - this board has been more or less active over the past couple of years - it is pretty quiet right now with probably 5 or 6 people checking in.

My daughter is also from Guatemala. Do you go to family week in P Town? My partner and I host a big bbq for families with kids from Guat (usually about 30 families) - it is really fun - and I hope that eventually the kids will start becoming e-mail pals.... or whatever.

Welcome - and please, hang around as we try to get this board going again!
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amy

Never been to family week in Ptown...But been to Ptown before Ethan came home to us. Actually have family in western Massachusetts so we visit there, then head to the cape.

What time of the year is Family week? It's been awhile since I kept up with stuff like that.

Amy

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Family Week is the first week in August. Take a look at familypride.org for all the details. They charge a registration fee - but for a little one iit might not be worth it. If you are considering it I'll tell you more.
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, first week in Aug? Last time I was there, I must have missed it by just a couple weeks. Had I known!

Actually, when we were there, we did see a family with 2 boys and a girl. The boys were full of life....to say the least!

I will look on the website you mentioned...I know it won't be this year because I'm due 8/8/05 (give or take) but maybe next year?

How many years have you been hosting this BBQ?

Amy

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Although giving birth during family week would make SUCH a statement

This is our 5th annual BBQ. We have been planning it from Australia for the past two years and arriving in country a day or two before. Last year we also got married later in the week!

So this year will be a walk in the park - no wedding and we are actually finally coming home this June or July.

Anyway - congrats on the babe. We are stopping at one. talk about OLD - I'm 50 and Leah (dp) will be 50 in August (right - family week)

I feel bad about Mia not having a sister - but everyone says there are no guarantees that they will be support for each other - I hear that, but in my heart I think she would love it.
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

wintak
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, giving birth during family week WOULD be a statement...and since I was born in Boston, it would be cool to have our daughter born in the same state...

but I think I'll forgo that excitement this year! :-)

I am an only child and would love Ethan to have at least one sibling to grow up with. They'll be 2.5 years apart, almost to the day.

We are old, too. At least by medical standards...I am (big gasp here...) 38 and actually DARING to have a kid (I'll be 39 when she's born) and my partner is (another gasp please) FORTY.

So tell me...do girls whine? I know boys do...every one of my friends has a boy and they ALL WHINE. There is ONE girl in the circle and she's too young to whine, but the one time something happened..she cried for 10 seconds, then mom helped her up and she was fine (she's 1).

ONe of my friends said girls are born with PMS and they have attitudes. THAT I can deal with...or so I think

Amy

Didi1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amy,

I gave birth to my son when I was 45 (became pregnant at 44), so believe me you're young by my standards! A big reason why I am not sure about having #2! I'm really ancient in comparison! I do have healthy embryos though....so we'll see.
    My boy does not really whine yet, but he's not even two. Have you started potty training yet? I'm trying to decide when to begin this...

Didi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast