FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
What does PUPO mean?

HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow

What does PUPO mean?

PUPO, or pregnant until proven otherwise, is the period between (typically) fertility treatment, IUI, IVF, or FET and your pregnancy test beta hCG. This period of time is often referred to as the 2 week wait (2ww), but because you would suspect you are pregnant after fertility treatment or well timed intercourse, we like to say PUPO. It is a positive and hopeful way of dealing with the 2ww.

So feel free to provide tips, symptoms that lead you to believe you are PUPO, and other anecdotes. Congratulations on being PUPO!
    IVF w/ICSI in April 2010=TWINS!
    SCH, IC, emergency cerclage at 22 weeks
    PTL at 32 weeks, made it to 36 weeks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby #3: PCOS, 9% morphology
    Provera and Pregnitude!

Twitter: @Griffiths1214

If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

click to visit my blog:
    Likes vrttc liked this post

2. Advertisement

vrttc
    Tired of this waiting game!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the title - Until Proven Otherwise !! Hope to join this club sometime.....

Tiatobemum
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    PUPO – yeah, seems more positive than 2WW. Biggest stress relieving thing you can do during this period, is talking with a people going through same stage and for this part, this forum deserves the big hug.

My only advice for PUPOs (especially those who are ttc naturally) – Go easy on hpt’s. Don’t test too early in the hope of getting positive (chances are pretty slim!!). This will help you to avoid disappointment and unnecessary stress. I knew, few who literally spend hundreds of dollars on those things. At-least let the week pass. If you aren’t pregnant, your period will probably come in that time and you will save yourself the agony of taking the test, waiting and seeing yet another single line. If you are indeed pregnant, you will definitely see BFP by this time.
    Likes vrttc liked this post

Johnfraser
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Stretch marks

The new products of cellublue that addresses to the every need to get recovered from these stretch marks is possible ow possible.

Alfreda1974
    is ready for the 2WW to be over!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Hello all-

I am PUPO awaiting my confirmed Beta in two weeks. The symptoms that I am experiencing are dull back pain due to laying on my back and twitches in my uterus. It feels like it is spasming, but no pain, tender breast likely from the PIO and estrace. I'm going to try and not to take any HPT's during this 2WW. Good luck everyone!!
    ME: 40
    DH: 40
    Mother to four children: 3 natural, 1 IVF

7/20/15: FET #1- 1 Grade B blastocyst with assisted hatching
    8/3/15- First HCG test