FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Pregnant w/ TWINS Support Group Week ending Dec 5th

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Stargazerlily1
    spelling challenged
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool

Pregnant w/ TWINS Support Group Week ending Dec 5th

Welcome to the Pregnant w/ TWINS support group thread!!

This thread is for woman pregnant with twins who would like to support each other and do this together. Being pregnant with multiples is different and presents unique situations and challenges. Here you can share this experience with other woman who are going through the same thing.

I will keep a running list of our members and their due dates for easy reference. If you would like to be added to our list please post your due date. If you know the genders of your babies, you may include like to include that too.

Please note that if you haven't posted in over a month, I will remove you from the list to keep it manageable. Please don't be offended. I can re-add you very easily.

If you would like to know more about me, please read my intro here: https://www.fertilethoughts.com/foru...roduction.html

The last thread can be found here: https://www.fertilethoughts.com/foru...ml#post7591766

New threads will start each Monday.

Our Moms to be:

Member Name (Real Name): ruckychang (Amanda)
    Due Date: 3/10/12
    Genders: b/g

Member Name (Real Name): Foxytv (Tami)
    Due Date: 4/7/12 adjusted to 3/18/12
    Genders: unknown gender

Member Name (Real Name): Twinsies12 (Sarah)
    Due Date: 3/18/12
    Genders: unknown gender

Member Name (Real Name): Jaibird (jai)
    Due Date: March 31
    Genders: Unknown

Member Name (Real Name): Mags0615 (Maggie)
    Due Date: 2/10/12
    Genders: boy/girl

Member Name (Real Name): Mactown (Tiffani)
    Due Date: 2/17/12
    Genders: g/b

Member Name (Real Name): DMBurns (Dale)
    Due Date: 4/11/12
    Genders: unknown

Member Name (Real Name): *Jes* (Jessica)
    Due Date: 2/12/12

Member Name (Real Name): Tridreamin
    Due Date: 4/13/12

Member Name (Real Name): NurseN (Natalie)*
    Due Date: 11/23/11
    Genders: g/b

Member Name (Real Name): mstarcolorado
    Due Date: 2/25/12

Member Name (Real Name): mkeley
    Due Date: 4/10/12

Member Name (Real Name): jenn1975 (Jen)
    Due Date: 2/6/12

Member Name (Real Name): gradualchanges (Stacy)
    Due Date: 6/21/12

Member Name (Real Name): Daisy65
    Due Date: 12/12/11 c-sec scheduled 11/30/11

Member Name (Real Name): mrsjls
    Due Date: 7/11/11

Member Name (Real Name): bradybug
    Due Date:
    Genders:

Member Name (Real Name): Kore561
    Due Date: 6/14/12
    Genders:

CONGRATLUATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE!!

Member Name (Real Name): Danasingle (Dana)
    Birth day: 11/8/11
    Genders: two surviving girl / girl triplets

Member Name (Real Name): Dustpuppy (Julie)
    Due Date: 11/11/11
    Genders: Morgan Jeanne (5lb12oz 19") and Elliot Steven (6lb10oz 19.25")
    Last edited by Stargazerlily1; 12-12-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Heather
    IVF 2/05 transferred 2, 10 frozen BFP Boy
    FET #1 2/07 trans 2, BFP m/c at 5.5wks
    FET #2 5/07 trans 2, BFP Twins g/b
    FET #3 8/09 trans 2, BFP Twins b/b
    FET #4 11/11 trans 2, BFN
    FET #5 1/12 trans 2, BFP, beta 12dp3dt 156, 14dp 412, 18dp 2470, 21dpt 6326
    with one surviving twin, our last miracle

Due any day now

BC of IVF, Multi IVF'ers, and Pregnant w/ Multiples

2. Advertisement

Stargazerlily1
    spelling challenged
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

Gradualchanges - I had really bad nausea too. Unfortunately, mine also got worse around 10wks and didn't start to ease up till 16wks and wasn't totally gone till about 18wks. I'm not saying this to scare you, but to let you know that it may last longer than the normal 12wks. I really hope it doesn't for you though. The biggest thing I found was to eat small meals all day. If I didn't let my stomach get empty, it was much better. Although, come evening time, I couldn't really do anything to prevent it. I hope it goes away quickly.

Tridreamin - I didn't have constant headaches, but I definitely got some serious headaches while I was pregnant. It is a common and painful symptom. One thing I will suggest though is to make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids. It is easy to get dehydrated when you are pregnant with twins. That can bring on headaches (and contractions). I get very bad headaches when I'm dehydrated. Just a thought. I hope your headaches don't last.

Dustpuppy and Dana - I hope you and the babies are doing well!!!

Tiffani - Cute pics!! Looking forward to hearing about your u/s.

*jes*
    - How are you holding up? I'm praying for you.
    Heather

Due any day now

dustpuppy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are doing great. I hope to have some spare time (ha!) soon to catch up on everyone else. Somehow I already have them tandem breastfeeding, though we are under 'orders' to supplement with either formula or pumped milk (which I don't have quite enough of yet) for another week. They take both the breast and the bottle seamlessly & DH really gets to bond this way...not the way we envisioned our feedings to be but it worked out for the best really. Anyway, here is a picture from yesterday.

Good luck everyone! I promise that I'm reading the threads, I just might not have the time to give everyone responses for a little while Just know I'm thinking about all of you!

Stargazerlily1
    spelling challenged
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    Julie - They are beautiful!! Good job getting them tandem nursing already! It really is so helpful to be able to do them both at once. Keep up the good work!
    Heather

Due any day now

Adrienne K
    is pregnant with twins
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    hello girls. im Adrienne. im preg with twins and am due May 9th (40week mark) but they dont want me going any further than April 26th.(38weeks)
    ive had so many scares in this pregnancy...everything you can have a nightmare about ive had! lol..and those babies are still hanging on! I am craving some support and insight on other moms who are going through the same thing. TY Stargazerlily for the invite

oh and i post my weekly belly bumps too just to help me see how im growing. sometimes i think im growing TOO FAST lol. anyways--i cant wait to learn more about you guys
    9/1 1st IVF-BFP!
    1st beta (9/1) 350

[COLOR="#ff00ff"]1st u/s (9/14) 1baby
    2nd U/S (9/20) hb 160
    3rd u/s (9/26) heavy bleeding
    4th u/s (10/3) SCH, hb still strong
    5th u/s (10/11) TWINS !!!
    6th u/s (10/14) bleeding; healthy hb's
    7th u/s (10/25) SCH GONE!
    NTscan (10/27) great
    1st MW visit (11/16)
    MARCH 7TH THE GIRLS WERE BORN!!! 11:36am & 11:38am Madeleine & Dahlia

DMBurns
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    julie~ ohhhhh my gosh, they're just so beautiful and perfect! I hope I am able to get them on a schedule that quickly, nicely done!!

adrienne~ hi and welcome! I have learned so much already from this group! I'm sorry that you have been having scares.

afm~ I got an email from my OB office today. It says: Due to baby positioning, another ultrasound is needed for twin B, b/c not all measurements were taken. S/he definitely wasn't cooperating he day of the u/s, but the tech said she got everything. I guess she's not the final say. So I have to schedule another u/s...which yay! I get to see them again...but I'm just hoping everything is okay from the u/s that I have already had done, and that this really is b/c of positioning.
    AND I'm on pelvic rest until further notice until they recheck the placement of placenta "A".
    So...a little concerning to come home to an email like that...but I do get to see them again soon
    AND I felt kicks or punches or butting on the outside today, so hopefully DH will be able to catch it soon too!!

Married 6/14/08
    Me: 31, High Prolactin, but controlled by Parlodel, so OK
    Dh: 32, Severe male factor

IVF #1 April 2011: Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 July 2011:
    BETA 8/3~ 430!!
    BETA 8/5~ 1237!!
    8/18 ~ 1st u/s 6w1d~ TWINS!!!!!
    2/22 (33 weeks)~ Baby A: 4lbs 13ozs. Baby B: 4lbs. 9ozs!
    3/7 (35 weeks)~ Baby A: 5.5lbs. Baby B: 5.15lbs!

mactown
    Mommy of beautiful twins!!! :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Hey girls sorry, didn't mean to ignore anyone. Our ultrasound didn't go as well as I wanted it to. The tech said to come anytime between 27 and 31 weeks at that with twins it would probably be better to come around 27 weeks. I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow, but the pics weren't too great so she's letting us come back at 31 weeks to try again (for free).

Mstar- Our OB doesn't have 4D either so we went out of town to do it. We did our gender u/s with the same ppl so we got the 4D half off so it was only $40 for our gender u/s (which they did 4D then too) and $40 for our 4D u/s yesterday.

Julie- your twins are so adorable!!! It makes me want my here so much more!

Just wondering if anyone else was told you were going to have to go several times a week to the dr around 32 weeks? My OB said that at 32 weeks he will see me once a week and I'll go to the hospital twice a week to be put on a machine to monitor my contractions. It seems like a lot, but I'm ok with it.
    Here are the 4D pics. We couldn't hardly get a pic of Camron bc there was always something in the way; cord, leg, arm, etc.
    Baby Girl
    Carsyn
    http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/carsyn6.jpg
    http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/carsyn5.jpg
    http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/carsyn4.jpg
    Baby Boy
    Camron
    http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/camron2.jpg
    http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/camron1.jpg
    Tiffani (26) Chuck (27)
    Lap 2008: Dx-Endo
    1st IVF Cycle: May 2011 (32 follicles, Retrieved 25 eggs, 19 mature, 16 fertilized)
    June 1st: Transferred 2 embryos; 9 Frozen embryos
    1st U/S: 6/28- TWINS!!!!
    3D U/S at 17wks...B/G twins!

*Jes*
    is happy beyond words.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Bedrest is hard. My family has been great though my moms really stepped up and taks me anywhere I need to go or just brings things to me. My dad has been working on our new house like everyday. And my dh. Poor guy is trying his best to do everything. He works 10/11 hours a day and helps my dad on the hous of oe a few hours before work and takes care of the house work here at the apartment. Its very depressing to just have to sit here all day and be on such a schedule eating and testing my blood sugars.

I have been putting together little favors for my shower. That sorta helps pass the time but I can only do about 10 ata timeb before I have to lay back down. We are moving the day before my shower and I'm not exactly sure how things are going to get packed... should be interesting. I got back to the doctor Monday.

Julie- your babies are adorable. I cried when I saw their picture. I'm really looking forward to meeting mine!

Dale- its too bad the one baby wasn't cooperating... but you get to see them again and that's always great! Boo on pelvic rest. I think its hard to do... but whatever it takes.

Tiffani- I couldn't get your links so work, but I'm hoping it was just my phone being lame.

Tridreamin- the early second trimester was THE WORST for my headaches. My doctor ended up prescribing me a medication for them they were so bad. I was probably getting 4/5 a week. The medication really helped. I would definately make sure to bringit up next apppointment.

Heather-thanks for asking and engaging me... I just find I am too cranky to want to just post unpropted eventhough I have pleanty of time. Its very depressing just hanging out all day when there is so much that needs to get done.
    Jes 27 Frank 26

Started Meds 11/10... finally got it right 6/11
    6/7/11 BFP!!! 6/29/11 found out we are having TWINS!!

9/14 Found out we are having b/g twins!

Jack and Lily came November 25th, 2011

Stargazerlily1
    spelling challenged
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    Adrenne - Welcome to the group! Congratulations on your twins! I'm sorry you have had a rough start. I had a rough start with my first set of twins. I was told I was losing baby B. They will be 4 in Dec. As the saying goes...it isn't how you start. It is how you finish.

Dale - I bet the OB just didn't like the way the tech measured something. It is hard to get all the measurements needed when the babies are getting so big in there. If they aren't cooperating, it is even harder. So, hopefully, it is nothing. But, at least you get to see the babies again.

Tiffani - I'm sorry you didn't get as good of pics as you would have liked. I'm glad you get to go back for free. 32wks seems a little early to me to have to go for 2 NST's (that is the monitoring at the hospital), but every OB is different. Once a week to the OB seems about average.

*jes* - I'm sorry you are going through this and struggling. I do understand and know how hard bedrest is. I went through it with both my sets, some at home and some in the hospital, only I had older kids to try to take care of and find care for. It was a real challenge and very frustrating. However, this is the only thing you truly have control over for your babies right now. This is how you take care of your babies now. You are doing a great job!! Keep up the good work! If you want to chat, I'm around often since I'm a SAHM. I would be happy to chat with you to help get your mind off things and break up the day. Keep in mind, I'm cycling. My first monitoring appt is tomorrow. I have a 3.5 hr. drive there and back. I should be back by mid-afternoon.

AFM - I won't be around tomorrow AM. I'm going for my first monitoring appt for my FET cycle. It is 3.5 hrs from me. So, we will get up at 5am and drive down. It will be a long day.
    Heather

Due any day now

Adrienne K
    is pregnant with twins
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Stargazerlily~~ have a safe trip!!! Let us know how it all goes.

Jes~~ Im so sorry that you are having a hard time on bedrest. It is NOT fun to be in especially when there is so much to do around the house and you feel so helpless having to lay there while others do it. Hang in there--they are almost here!

DM~~ ty for the welcome Im sure there is nothing to worry about with the positioning of the placenta. Sometimes things sound scarier than they are. But YAY for you getting to see them again! Im so jealous that you feel kicks and punches. Mine are so quiet now. I'd love to know that they are both okay. I know your DH will be so excited to feel them.

AFM~~ Throughout the pregnancy Ive had so many pains and such that I think the doctors think Im making it up when I tell them Im hurting and I have pressure down in my crotch area. When I went to the OB on Oct 27th I told her about the heaviness Im having in my groin area and how I feel that I have to hold my stomach myself to keep pressure off of it. . . anyways she looked inside of me and saw that the cervix was perfectly tight and long and there was no blood to be found but it hurt like HELLLL-o when she used the ultrasound wand on my tummy to find the babies and she would press down really hard on my groin area. i wanted to cry. finally I did some research and went to my mid-wife about it and its SPD (symphisis pelvis dysfunction) and that is the reason why i have the pain. its insane that the doctors arent familiar with this here and didnt mention that before. .. and that I had to do the research to find out what is wrong. I really began to feel like an alien in my own body and that I was over reacting about everything. Im told to go to my family doctor to schedule an appointment to have physical therapy til the birth and I cant walk properly, I have to walk a certain way, sit a certain way and sleep a certain way for it to not do more damage. Its so crazy lol. No one tells you these things can happen before you get pregnant lol. But its all well worth it. Baby A has been pushed out to the edge of my uterus by baby B lol. I feel him/her move but I never feel baby B move. Is this okay? Im only 15 weeks along. . so I think im not suppose to probably feel movement this early anyways that often but I worry about baby B. If you look at my photos in my profile you will see them both in an ultrasound and BabyB looks so tiny. Baby A is getting all the nutrients. I worry that baby B is either not okay right now (im praying he/she is) or worse. Its going to be another 5 weeks before I get to see them on ultrasound again. Im dying to see them. Is or has anyone on here had a twin that is smaller than the other one? Mine are the same length I just hope they both gain weight healthily. At this point Im praying they are both in there with heartbeats!!! Ive got to think positive .....think positive! they are both in there !! lol. sooo anyways. that is up to date on what is going on now. My husband is being so sweet and considerate about everything and does everything to help me in any way possible. He's so reassuring and positive. I just dont know what I'd do w/o him. My family is from Georgia, Usa and I married him and moved to be with him in Denmark. He's danish and just as yummy as the food lol. So he's all I have for support and someone to talk to and I think he thinks Im losing my mind 1/2 the time b/c I worry about things all day long. Im really happy to be here in the twin forum so that I can learn more!!!!
    I hope everyone had a great night sleep !!
    9/1 1st IVF-BFP!
    1st beta (9/1) 350

[COLOR="#ff00ff"]1st u/s (9/14) 1baby
    2nd U/S (9/20) hb 160
    3rd u/s (9/26) heavy bleeding
    4th u/s (10/3) SCH, hb still strong
    5th u/s (10/11) TWINS !!!
    6th u/s (10/14) bleeding; healthy hb's
    7th u/s (10/25) SCH GONE!
    NTscan (10/27) great
    1st MW visit (11/16)
    MARCH 7TH THE GIRLS WERE BORN!!! 11:36am & 11:38am Madeleine & Dahlia