FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
DE pregnancy - terrified of stopping meds - advise?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I use the patch and pill. I don't know if it's generic.
    ME - 38, DH - 45
    IVF - 01/12, ER - 06 Feb, ET - 09 Feb
    BETA #1 - 80.3 (12dp3dt), #2 - 183.6 (15dp3dt) - b/g twins
    Ruptured Membrane 06/16/12 - Maximus
    Born at 23 weeks 03 July 12 - 23 July 12 - Anaya
    FET - March 2014 - BFN
    IVF 2 - 08/2015, ER - 13 Aug, ET 18 Aug
    BETA #1 - 84 (9dp5dt), #2 - 225 (11dp5dt), #3 - 1303 (15dp5dt) - 4/15/16
    FET2 - around 26 Jun 17

2. Advertisement

tamarattc
    Jellybean's mummy
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by wishb0ne View Post
    Hello

I am hoping that I can get some feedback here. I am 47 and after countless IVF failures, we had a donor egg cycle last year - only 1 embryo made to blast that I was not able to transfer due to a polyp and mammogram scare. Now I finally completed the transfer in July and so far things are going well. I am 9w2d as of today.

I was told to stop all my meds (estrogen 2mg twice a day, estrogen patch every 3 days, crinone 8% twice a day) cold turkey exactly on 10w. I am super nervous about this. I think they used to stop meds at 12 weeks. Is 10w the new norm? I called my OB office in panic but they closed on Friday, and IVF clinic basically told me that they have never had any issues with stopping meds at 10w and they can't help me since I am discharged to OB (I was hoping they can do a blood work for me to check my levels, or give me an option to taper down the meds after 10w).

Any experience with when/how you stop the hormone support for a donor pregnancy will be very helpful. This is our only and last chance so I am super nervous... Looking forward to some feedback!

Thank U!
    The advice here is to stop cold turkey at 8 weeks. I have a 16 month old boy and I was scared of stopping so I asked if I could continue until 12 weeks and they said yes, it would not make any difference. I am now 23 weeks pregnant, same clinic, same doctors, same drill. I asked to stop at 12 weeks for this one too. We had a check up today, different hospital. She is doing well although I have to admit I got very sloppy with the medication at 10 weeks
    Little Killian born at 9.59pm on 30th April 2016
    Thanks wishb0ne thanked for this post
    Likes wishb0ne liked this post

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Our surrogate was on medications till 10 weeks with out twins and she was weaned off....she was in your shoes per say and I will not stop meds cold turkey if I was you.,....my 2c and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TTC 10 years
    7 IVF - BFN
    8 IVF - THE ONE
    Betas: 9dp5dt - 396
    11dp5dt - 1009
    13dp5dt - 2456
    TWINS!!!! 2 little ladies
    Twins were born in Feb 2015 via an amazing surrogate...So Blessed

tamarattc
    Jellybean's mummy
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Not the kind of medicine we are talking about but a few years ago back home in the UK and now where I live, something happened. I would take a load of the drug but never seemed to have an effect on me. On the other hand, the generic without coating tasted better, did not prompt me to throw up and worked better. It took us years both times from jumping to medicine to medicine to medicine and finally landing back and trying generic. For me it made a difference.
    Little Killian born at 9.59pm on 30th April 2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12