FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I'm really wishing someone would share info.  HCG question

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    hollys01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really wishing someone would share info. HCG question

I am desperate and have posted now the 3rd time. I know my first post was super long, but I was trying to give details lol. So, I am 47. This is my 6th pg, and I have 4 successful. I have had 2 blighted ovums. Right now, I'm really scared. This pg was a real surprise, I thought I may be going through Peri-menopause.

So.......... July 5 I was 4wks7d first hcg was 3242
    July 7, 5wks1d was only 4152 and saw the gestational sac with vag u/s
    July 14 6wks1d only went up to 5242

the ob says she is not sure what's going on and told me she thought a molar. But my GP who delivered two of my kids said that I do not even fit the profile of that due to my low numbers. I also have had brown spotting since 5 weeks with off and on pink, and pink/brown. Now, at week 6 today I thought I was starting my period. It was period red with a few dark dots in it and mild cramping. The bleeding stopped in a few minutes and I have never needed a pad. what's going on??? My dr said to keep hope because he has seen pregnancys go to term with hcg numbers lower than mine.

Thank you for listening, I'm really upset.

2. Advertisement

may331978
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally get that you are upset. That sounds scary. Early on they like to see (less than 1200 hug) numbers double. However, as the numbers get higher they are less likely to rise as much. I would think the next course of action would be another ultrasound. Have they scheduled that for you yet? I am hoping for the best for you. If you need someone to talk too, feel free to pm me. I have been through a miscarriage (which I hope is not the case for you) and I am here if you need someone to talk to even if everything is ok.
    Thanks hollys01 thanked for this post

hollys01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you soooo much! I go back and forth crying and being mad. I think I'm ok and will just deal with whatever God gives me. Then, I get fed a little hope. Then I get fed a little less hope. I have no cramping. period/pink blood more than spotting but not even using a pad in one day. sometime little black dots in it. No pain. She said my cervix was irritated. I have had brown since 5 weeks along. bleeding go worse after exam, test from cervix and internal sonogram. it goes between pink and brown. No tissue passed or anything solid. She really has me scared about the molar pregnancy because I know that can mean cancer. If the baby is not going to make it, I just wish I could have the pill to get stuff going. my heart is breaking and I just need to move on either to celebrate a heart beat or keep moving foreward. I go on Wednesday, july 20 for another ultra sound and I should be 7 weeks. We will proceed from there. I just don't get all this. my numbers were good for the weeks pg I was. I took another clear blue easy weeks estimater tonight and nothing has changed after it went up to 3+ last week, it was 3+ tonight, even after peeing half hour before re-peeing to take test. All my pg tests have turned immediately dark positive even before going through the test window! I have never had that great of tests cause I have always tested before my period. I just don't know what to think. I thought If I was losing it, I would be having cramps. I have been bleeding off and on for 2 weeks now. I wonder if my irritated cervix is causing the bleeding? She told me on the exam at 5wks1d that it was irritated and may have a polyup on it. could a bladder infection, pelvic infection, uterine polyups, anything else cause this bleeding and still be ok? I was wondering if I have a subchorionic hemotoma? Thanks. I'm just grabbing at everything. Maybe I'm just too old and god is telling me that.

hollys01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Well, Last night was super rough and I was so upset. I was sitting in bed resting and all of a sudden felt gushy and a squishy feeling. I thought I was leaking through my pad. I bolted for the bathroom and when I sat on the toilet, a HUGE blood clot gushed out of me. It was very thick but not solid tissue. It melted with handling. I took a pic of it to show dr. Then there was red blood. NO CRAMPING. Just a little achiness/sore muscle feeling in the pubic bone. I cleaned up and went to bed. About a half hour later, I felt the squishy feeling again. I passed another clot! big, but not as big as the first. The first one was almost the palm circle of my hand, not including my fingers, just palm. bright pink blood but it was slowing down some. This happened another two times, each one a little smaller and not as thick. No tissue, no sac and no cramping pain like I had when I m/c a blighted ovum before. bleeding tapered off. Not too bad this morning.. I went to work. No cramping. felt a little gush and it was just my pad filling, sorry! Not too bad, I didn't change my pad between11am and 3pm, so I must not be bleeding too heavy. Still bleeding like a period. Maybe changed 3 pads and they were the Always thinner ones, but for heavy flow. I took a pregnancy clear blue easy weeks estimater and it came back positive with 3+ weeks on it! So it did not go down after all that! I'm 7 weeks tomorrow. Am I still pg??? my dr messaged me back and answered me when I asked about the subchorionic hematoma. She said I could quite possably have that, but she thinks the signs are pointing to that I am miscarrying. I thought so last night. Something tells me I still have a chance. I'm 47 though. I have a ultrasound tomorrow to see what's happening. Anyone have symptoms and still be pg?? Thank you.

may331978
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never experienced what you are going through. I have heard that people can bleed with a sch and everything can be ok. However, bleeding is a sign of miscarriage. I didn't have any cramping with my miscarriage, only bleeding. The ultrasound is the best way to know what is going for sure at this point.