FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Pregnant...6 weeks 4 days..but not looking good. Larger yolk sac and slow heartbeat

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bogiegirl78
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Pregnant...6 weeks 4 days..but not looking good. Larger yolk sac and slow heartbeat

Hi - After a few IVF attempts, my husband and I finally found out we are pregnant. My numbers look great and are still rising, I have had major nausea and many other symptoms. Had our first ultrasound yesterday and news didn't seem so good. Feeling like its a total loss.
    The good news is the baby has a heartbeat, is in the right place and measuring where is should be. The bad news is that the Yolk Sac is measuring a little large (I think they said 5.1 but not sure) and the heartbeat is on the slower side 90. The Doctor doesn't seem very optimistic and said to not get our hopes up, at the same time things can change very quickly in a week. We go back next week for another ultrasound, but Ive lost all hope. Trying to stay positive, but its not easy. On top of it, we did the PGS Testing so I was hoping that would rule out a lot of stuff. Thoughts?? Anyone have similar situations that turned out positive??

2. Advertisement

lovemyhubby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hi Bogiegirl78 - Sorry, I don't have anything to offer. I'm a couple of days behind you and I'm really nervous about our ultrasound as we had a prior M/C. I think that the fact that you got a HB and saw the yolk sac is really good! I'm just guessing that all of that can vary probably by the hour. Crossing my fingers for you.
    Me - 36
    DH - 38 Severe Male Factor

2/13 IVF #1 - M/C 9 Weeks

8/13 IVF #2 - It's a Boy!
    8/21/13 - Beta 1 11dp3dt 205, Beta 2 13dp3dt 569

5/15 IVF #3 - BFN
    9/15 FET #1 - BFN
    11/15 IVF #4 - Cancelled (poor response)
    1/2015 IVF #5

BC-Tryn depriest
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Bogiegirl178 I wouldn't worrie..I agree with lovemyhubby. .I had a large yolk sac and have a health 21yrs son..they actually told me it was a non viable pregnancy and to terminate and no heartbeat and look what I got..prayers to you..
    Last edited by BC-Tryn depriest; 03-07-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Me.44 tubes tied
    Dh.30 low count and motility
    1st defet: 3-21-2016 chimical

BC-Tryn depriest
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Sorry wouldn't worry
    Me.44 tubes tied
    Dh.30 low count and motility