FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
new here - feeling anxious about being pg

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    lilbug
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

new here - feeling anxious about being pg

hi everyone - i've been posting on the infertility board for a while now, but think it might be time to start posting here - i am 7 weeks pg today with a singleton - and though i am so happy and excited to finally be here, i'm really afraid - i'm having a hard time enjoying this process, because of fear of losing the pregnancy, though we've seen the heartbeat a couple of times now and everything seems to be going right so far - after so many years of ttc and a recent ectopic, i just don't know if i could bear another disappointment - am i crazy or do others feel just as anxious when pg after IF??? how is everyone else dealing with these emotions? any input would be appreciated! thanks!

2. Advertisement

kellbell
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lilbug--

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I think that the feelings of anxiety are totally normal. Us infertile girls have gone through so much to get to this point, it is natural to worry about something bad happening. I had many sleepless nights when I first got my bfp, just waiting for something bad to happen and jeapardize the pregnancy. I am also 7 weeks, but don't have my u/s until next week. I think that whatever stage we are in, we will always worry about making it through to the next stage. Hang in there. I am just trying to take it day by day and think positive thoughts. Yes, miscarriages happen, but most people make it through with healthy pregnancies, so I am trying to focus on that.

lilbug
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks kellbell and lesliek - i really appreciate your responses - over the past few months these boards have been really helpful in making me realize that i'm not alone in this IF saga - i made a decision this morning to try and think more positively about this experience and just be thankful that i have this little one growing inside of me - congrats to both of you, too! hoping the remainders of your pgs are healthy and uneventful! thanks again, lily

LouHoo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Like the others said, it's totally normal to feel this way. I felt that way with both of my pregnancies, always waiting for the other shoe to drop. It never really goes away, although it does get easier to relax and enjoy the pg as things progress. Trust me, even after your baby is born, you'll still be worried. I guess that's part of motherhood. I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes smoothly. Good luck!
    - LouHoo (38); DH (42)

6 IUIs, 7 IVFs, 3 FETs
    DS born 6/22/03 and one ectopic (IVF #4)
    M/C at 8 weeks (FET #2)
    DS born 12/28/2006 (natural surprise)
    DD born 8/18/2008 (another natural surprise)

lilbug
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the support ladies - i'm worrying a little less these past few days, but i know i'll feel much better after my next u/s on 5/31 - but then again, i'll probably find something else to worry about!!!

SeattleSuz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congrats!!!

And yes, totally normal to feel like that. I didn't start feeling any ease until I hit 12 weeks. When I was in my first trimester, I always reminded myself when I got nervous that something was wrong or that I was losing the bebe, so long as I am still feeling M/S symptoms, then everything is still fine!

And whenever you have nerves or are feeling uneasy, just come on here and post away. We've all done it!
    Suz (36), Matt (34), TTC 5.5 years, dx: severe MF
    IVF #1 Jan 07, LLP w/ Donor Sperm, Betas: 354, 1116 150bpm
    Ariel Amanda arrived on 11-2-07, 7 lbs, 5 ounces

thunderbird
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lilbug - I'm just as anxious! Actually, no u/s yet, so even MORE anxious. I was complaining about it to the wonderful LeslieK who also responded to you just a few days ago.
    You're not alone. Actually, I guess it's not unusual to be anxious when pregnant after IF.

lilbug
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi thunderbird and seattlesuz - congrats on your pregnancies! posting and just reading the posts on this board has been great at helping me to relieve some of the anxieties i'm feeling. i definitely have realized that i am not alone!

thunderbird - when is your first u/s? i know the wait is so hard! keep us posted!

seattlesuz - how far along are you now? i can't wait to get past the first trimester. i'm totally checking for symptoms and yes, it totally puts my mind at ease when i have a day of really bad m/s!

thanks for the support!